Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you know, we just returned from our Buyer's Tour in Bowling Green.

Parked in front of the building in the Plant Manager Only parking spot is this Z06. We think it is some kind of mule as the steering wheel was standard. Sorry, it was raining when we took these, so couldn't get the inside pics well.

I really love the white tail lights and the flare on the scoop on the hip.

PLEASE NOTE: These photos were taken my me solely for the viewing enjoyment of my friends on THIS forum, on THIS thread and are not to be copied and posted elsewhere. If you want a copy of one for your own personal screensaver or something, PM me. Thanks.

P1120568.JPG P1120569.JPG P1120570.JPG P1120571.JPG P1120573.JPG P1120576.JPG P1120577.JPG P1120578.JPG P1120579.JPG P1120580.JPG P1120582.JPG

·
Registered
306 Posts
Very nice! Looks like a Stage-2 Z06 since it has the standard Z06 rotors, not the CCBs. Are those CFZ's? Looks like it...

·
18,670 Posts
Looks like CFZ to me. I sure like the rear fender hip's "curved aero blade" (GM's terminology) too. Also like that it ram feeds 50% more air for rear trans/diff cooling at 45 MPH.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok how did we go from black wheels to chrome wheels? :D
LOL its all the same car, I promise. Just light reflecting a lot when I was trying to zoom in on the Z06 stamp within the wheel.

It is hard to see the stamp in a black wheel by the way. I've seen tons of C7s and I'd never noticed the "Corvette" words stamped in the non Z06 wheels before I went to the plant and saw them shiny and new and clean! That's what made me think to look at the Z06 wheels.

Reactions: 62 Vert

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great Photos Suzy Thanks!
If you drive IN THE RAIN :( you should at least WASH OFF THE ROAD FILM!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Not sure where you work but don't recall ever having a hose and bucket provided at my office parking lot. I really don't understand people's aversion to driving in the rain...... It's a CAR.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure where you work but don't recall ever having a hose and bucket provided at my office parking lot. I really don't understand people's aversion to driving in the rain...... It's a CAR.
So true the car is also a test car not a show car. The day I took delivery of my gt500 it rained it didn't stop me. I also didn't rush home and wash it. The only thing that will stop me from driving my new z06 home would be hail or a tornado.

·
18,670 Posts
So true the car is also a test car not a show car. The day I took delivery of my gt500 it rained it didn't stop me. I also didn't rush home and wash it. The only thing that will stop me from driving my new z06 home would be hail or a tornado.
Left BG after Museum Delivery in my dream car (grew up with not much and never thought..),our C6 Z06, coincidentally the very first C6 Z06 Museum Delivery car, and we started home to Oregon. Beautiful weather, all perfect, car was a dream, BUT then got trapped in a 3" rain storm in just 45 minutes. So much for the fantasy of never driving it in the rain. Guess what? Not a drop inside, the car did not melt, and when we got home and washed it, it looked just as gorgeous as it did when we had left BG 2,800 miles and one week earlier.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Left BG after Museum Delivery in my dream car (grew up with not much and never thought..),our C6 Z06, coincidentally the very first C6 Z06 Museum Delivery car, and we started home to Oregon. Beautiful weather, all perfect, car was a dream, BUT then got trapped in a 3" rain storm in just 45 minutes. So much for the fantasy of never driving it in the rain. Guess what? Not a drop inside, the car did not melt, and when we got home and washed it, it looked just as gorgeous as it did when we had left BG 2,800 miles and one week earlier.
I am a car nut, I have been blessed with a nice job and now I am able to buy some of my dreams.... And in those dreams I was driving the cars so in real life I am gonna enjoy these cars. That's awesome to drive back 2800 miles the farthest I have ever driven back a car was 1100 miles. I enjoyed the drive back way better than the flight out.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's funny. ;) You realize it was rainING when I took the pic? That's why you see my finger in one of the shots. I was trying to keep rain off my camera lens as I stood in the rain taking pictures.

I can't wait for my own Stingray to get here so I can drive it rain or shine!

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
196 Posts
My wife really wants me to switch to this Arctic White with Black Wheels!!! Would consider if CFV were still on constraint when it's my turn.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

I used a paint pen to paint the logo on my wheels and will do the same on my blk Z06 wheels.

Nice
Another easy to do Mod...I like it...:cool:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thank you very much for the pics Suzy! This car matches my build almost perfectly! Although my car will probably seldom see rain, ( because I live in Arizona) It's a testament for how well white cars hide dirt. Were you able to tell whether the aero bits were the exposed carbon or the carbon flash? Thank you again for sharing!
Derik

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much for the pics Suzy! This car matches my build almost perfectly! Although my car will probably seldom see rain, ( because I live in Arizona) It's a testament for how well white cars hide dirt. Were you able to tell whether the aero bits were the exposed carbon or the carbon flash? Thank you again for sharing!
Derik
Hubby says he thinks roof, side splitters and front splitter were carbon fiber....rest was carbon flash. In the rain I was more concerned with keeping the camera lens dry than examining it! LOL!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.