16,285 Posts
Looks great ddelfino!
Enjoy :cool:

Reactions: ddelfino

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I have driven less than 100 miles so far and most of it local roads so haven't had a long ride but so far here is what I think:

I had no issues from a quality perspective. Only minor thing was the weather stripping had a small kink in it on drivers side on b pillar which I fixed with my fingers and that fixed the air leak problem.

My link takes a bit of getting used to and there is definitely no "texting" function like there is on ford sync where it will display your text messages on the screen. (I know this has been discussed many times before). There is no issue with the display washing out in the Sun at all. The HUD is great. I never owned a car with HUD before but the brightness and height adjustments are great. Seats are very comfortable... If you are a little wide in the bottom it might be a little tight but not a problem for me. I have the 2LT as I saw no purpose in paying $4k extra for 3LT considering I was getting a black interior. I paid extra for the NAV but to be honest unless you crave Napa leather or you are getting kalahari or red interior I see no purpose in paying extra for 3LT (Kalahari and red wrap up onto the dash).

Trunk lid closes perfectly no issue at all and the little cover they give you works great especially when you have the roof in the trunk. Roof comes off easily and is definitely light weight. I will say getting the roof back on is a little challenging but I will watch the video again to see if I am doing something wrong!

Cupholders are a bit shallow as is the center console storage compartment but the space behind the screen is a good size.

I have EPP and have been driving around in sport mode just because I cant get enough of the sound! I have not pedal to the medal so far but I can tell you that when you do get on it you can chirp the tires from 1st to 2nd with the automatic transmission!

The fit and finish is best I have seen in american car. Its not perfect and I am sure you will find better i.e.: Porsche, MB, BMW etcc. but I paid half of what a equivelant 911S would have been so you have to expect its not going to be the same.

I do seem to constantly have black dust on the lower sides and rear of the car. I suspect this is brake dust blowing through the vents, obviously on yellow or white this is going to show more... (Sinner are you seeing this on your car???)

Stereo... Its pretty good but nothing earth shattering! I have a Sony system in my 2011 ford explorer Limited which has a sub as well and its just as good if not better. To be honest I keep turning the radio all the way down just to listen to the exhaust.

PANDORA! YOU MUST HAVE THE PANDORA APP INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE! Once you do that its no problem at all.

Bluetooth for phone: WORKS AWESOME!!!! Sound is crystal clear and this is the best bluetooth I have seen for phone usage thus far in any car and I have owned multiple Mercedes, Range Rover etc...

Carbon fiber dash looks fantastic... Since I got a black interior I wanted something to break up all the black and the CF dash does a nice job of this and the fit and finish of this component is flawless!

Im not a huge guy 6'1" 175 lbs but... Getting in and out of this car without dragging your shoes across the door bottom isnt the easiest thing in the world. Overall I am thrilled thus far and will have more time this week to drive it.

Happy to help if anyone has questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to give you an objective view!

Thanks to everyone for all of the support on this Forum it has been great dialogue the whole time!
Dom

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looks like we're enjoying the same car (except roof/Z51 with black wheels). So glad you finally got it!!! Enjoyed reading your post... now I have to get Pandora App... didn't think the sound could get any better!:cool:

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Looks like we're enjoying the same car (except roof/Z51 with black wheels). So glad you finally got it!!! Enjoyed reading your post... now I have to get Pandora App... didn't think the sound could get any better!:cool:
Pandora is great (you can set up your own music selections etc.). Just a word of caution. I have found that once you leave your car, Pandora stays 'live' on your phone (at least Android version) so you have to go into the app on the phone and shut it off or it will be burning your data program through your provider up.

Reactions: YllwStgr

·
Registered
214 Posts
Awesome will post a full review tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Frick that is one hot car! Have fun with it.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Nice write up Dom. thanks. Enjoy!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great write up and mine had the sane issue with the driver door gasket and it still has a very slight wind noise after I fixed it. I'm going to have the dealer look at it and my rear camera next week.

I also agree that the cup holders are too shallow and kinda suck but it is what it is. The cup holders in my XKR are HORRIBLE! I can't put any bottled drinks in the car without the too tight or they will fall over.

Pics of gasket....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382244273.933692.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382244296.595224.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sinner are you seeing black dust on sides and rear of your car??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts