1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on any wheel?

on any car?

and are you happy with them?

Thinking of doing them with my new wheels on order...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, enough! I got to know what your new wheels will be. I respect your taste in auto design, so very interested.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, enough! I got to know what your new wheels will be. I respect your taste in auto design, so very interested.
Everything is always in my build thread in my sig.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glen, took a look at your build list. I had a feeling- put a deposit on mine at discount tire yesterday- same finish. Going to look great on white don't you think? Told you I like your taste.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glen, took a look at your build list. I had a feeling- put a deposit on mine at discount tire yesterday- same finish. Going to look great on white don't you think? Told you I like your taste.
Use the configurator at craycorvettewheels.com.....see it in white....nice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Use the configurator at craycorvettewheels.com.....see it in white....nice
Oh I have. I've been drooling over them for a quit a while. As you know they were supposed to be released in March, then first of April, and then end of April. Well, it is the end of April. So I went yesterday and they called their distributor and they said it would be another 2-4 weeks. I put a small deposit down at Discount Tire to get them reserved. The distributor said they had 65 orders already.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Glen, you are forbidden from getting "stingray" caps as you have de-fished your car. The stingray caps have fish on them. ;-)

By the way, I love my stingray fish caps, and mats, and doorsills. As a youngster, the Corvette StingRay name was exciting to me, now it is awesome to actually own one that is not my grandfather's car. The Stingray is a big part of why this car speaks to me..., Corvette to me means sports car, StingRay to me infers power and sculpted beauty. Can't explain it, it just does something different. I don't think I would ever own a Corvette that is NOT a StingRay. (I am 38 for the record.)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Glen, you are forbidden from getting "stingray" caps as you have de-fished your car. The stingray caps have fish on them. ;-)

By the way, I love my stingray fish caps, and mats, and doorsills. As a youngster, the Corvette StingRay name was exciting to me, now it is awesome to actually own one that is not my grandfather's car. The Stingray is a big part of why this car speaks to me..., Corvette to me means sports car, StingRay to me infers power and sculpted beauty. Can't explain it, it just does something different. I don't think I would ever own a Corvette that is NOT a StingRay. (I am 38 for the record.)
I am a bit older and this is my 3rd vette and I am proud to have the stingray badge on both sides of my pure bread american sportscar. I cannot see myself defacing my car trying to hide the manufacturer, and model. I am with you PoconoG, cheers to you and me ;)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Hmmm...I guess I'm missing the joke, the black caps I want are right above and say "stingray", between the stingray lettering on all 4 wheels and the front and back flags, that's enuf model ID'S for me. I am not trying to hide anything, I just don't like badges, especially the side badge, which is cheap plastic. Every car I've owned has been debadged that way. I'm not telling anyone else to do it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Hey, GM already defaced the car with the cheap plastic badges! LOL But this thread seems to be heading off topic, so Glen, to answer your question, I like my Stingray center caps. I've had them on my car ever since it came back from the factory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, GM already defaced the car with the cheap plastic badges! LOL But this thread seems to be heading off topic, so Glen, to answer your question, I like my Stingray center caps. I've had them on my car ever since it came back from the factory.
I agree....they are very nice.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, ordered them yesterday from Patrick- the car will look great with only carbon flash/clearcoat flags and these center caps....The cray configurator does not have cyber gray only black, but a bad hack job with pic editor looks like this:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks guys, ordered them yesterday from Patrick- the car will look great with only carbon flash/clearcoat flags and these center caps....The cray configurator does not have cyber gray only black, but a bad hack job with pic editor looks like this:
Glen, there are images of stingrays behind the text "stingray." That is why I was poking at you.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
And you missed the point I have nothing against the picture of the fish, I just don't like it as a plastic POS stuck on item , on my car....my rear cargo mat has a huge ray there and I like it at that spot....

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
But is the LT-1 really that much better? That's the only thing you've done I think looks out of place. That space looks better empty if you are going to remove the fish IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 20 of 26 Posts