Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the car that shows up on my Chevrolet order page. Just thought that I would share since I haven't seen one with a ragtop.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not a picture but a computer generated rendering. The Crystal Red C7's, which I have one, look quite different when they do these renderings on the website as compared to the way they actually look out in the sun and in real life. It can get close but it is hard to judge without seeing a car in real life. With the cars that aren't metallic , such as black or white, there is not much difference but with metallic paints the difference in look can vary outdoors. The rendering I have inserted below actually looks pretty close to my pic on the left , however that pic was taken on a cloudy day with no direct sunlight. I find the car really changes in sunlight as you walk around it. Given there are no cars actually out there painted in the new orange to look at I guess the rendering is the best that can be had though at this point to judge it.

Crystal Red Side Thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The images are studio shots that have so much photoshop work done to each image. Each panel of the car has been pieced together from multiple images. Once the perfect car has been created, they can change its color to anything they want. Imagine how impossible it would be to keep that car dust free it if was shot outside. The creative director will take hours making the photographer change angles, texting sample images back to his boss, and on and on and on....
I worked at a commercial studio for years doing this kind of work. By best images was a fireplace that had over 200 layers. Every lick of flame and every ember was placed to make the fireplace look it's best.
Nothing is real in a commercial image anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts