Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
hopefully minimal constraints and it'll shoot right through the system ;)

2015 1LT, non Z51 - only options are the performance exhaust and red stripes
Welcome Blake to the forum and good luck with it shooting through the system, but if your lucky, and you do have minimal options...Maybe?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You're going to love it....

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
blakebird, welcome aboard and congrats on you order.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Like your car "blakebird." Hopefully, she arrives fairly soon.
Thanks, John (and everyone)...

Word I'd heard from a couple of local dealers was that if I ordered now I could expect the car maybe in December, more likely after the first of the year.
Not really having a grip on the process as it applies to a wildly popular car like the C7, I still thought it was something I could deal with. I am getting the car I want, not one on the lot that was close to what I wanted...

One dealer told me they don't carry a lot of inventory, as most Corvette owners want what they want....he heard "I would've bought that car if it had..." a lot.
I put the wait down to a popular car being special ordered by most of its new owners....made sense.

The dealer I ordered from told me there were constraints on Z51 cars, as that package turned out to be way more popular than GM estimated.
He said a Z51 car might be a Jan 2015 wait, but a non Z51 car like the one I was putting together might arrive "much sooner".
Still a mystery date, but since my truck lives outside and my side of the garage has housed three motorcycles (in revolving door fashion - I've owned 67) since we've lived here - I need to make room for the car to fit.
Lots of workbench, Gorilla racks, and a TON of motorcycle gear need to find their way to the basement storage room.

So I actually want some time before the car arrives....which means it will show up before I'm ready, right?

Blake
(blakebird comes from owning a '99 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird about 40 bikes ago, when forums started occupying my time)

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Congrats on your order Blake and welcome to our forum!:cool:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I ordered my non Z51 C7 with 3 non constrained options on 03/20/14 took delivery 05/22/14

1 - 10 of 10 Posts