Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the stickies about the order process but I am left wondering about timeframes. I'm planning on ordering my C7 from one of two possible forum sponsors. My plan is to take delivery in approximately August, no later. Can someone please explain how I would time it to ensure that this happens.

Also how much would I have to put down to get the order initiated?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Talk to the dealer you choose to confirm but without constraints get your order placed 8 weeks from when you want to pick it up. Each dealer is different but usually a $1000 deposit will get your car ordered.

·
18,670 Posts
Are you wanting a 2015 or 2016? The current scheduled end of 2015 production is June 26th, and if that holds, traditionally GM will stop taking orders about a month ahead of that date. If you are wanting a 2016, and if GM decides to postpone the end of 2015 production a week, or two, or more, you might not get your 2016 until either late August or early September.

As posted above, constraints can cause the "best laid plans" to go astray. To maximize your changes of avoiding delays due to partial constraints (if anything you want is partially constrained), going with a dealer with a large allocation, as you mentioned, is a good idea.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm, I hadn't considered running into the 2016 model year. I wonder if anything then will influence my decision, such as new colors or options. On the other side of the coin a price increase might push me towards a 15. I really need the car by end of August at the latest.

Are you wanting a 2015 or 2016? The current scheduled end of 2015 production is June 26th, and if that holds, traditionally GM will stop taking orders about a month ahead of that date. If you are wanting a 2016, and if GM decides to postpone the end of 2015 production a week, or two, or more, you might not get your 2016 until either late August or early September.

As posted above, constraints can cause the "best laid plans" to go astray. To maximize your changes of avoiding delays due to partial constraints (if anything you want is partially constrained), going with a dealer with a large allocation, as you mentioned, is a good idea.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
The days of waiting lists, constraints, market adjustments are over. They are now depreciating
That is the case in certain areas of the country and with certain dealers, but not universally true. For example see my post #288 at http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-discussions/4330-where-will-you-driving-your-stingray-weekend-2.html which includes a shot of a 2014 Z51 Vert with a $10k market adjustment from a dealer this past Friday. The west coast still has many dealers with waiting lists and market adjustments and they still manage to sell cars.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the case in certain areas of the country and with certain dealers, but not universally true. For example see my post #288 at http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...will-you-driving-your-stingray-weekend-2.html which includes a shot of a 2014 Z51 Vert with a $10k market adjustment from a dealer this past Friday. The west coast still has many dealers with waiting lists and market adjustments and they still manage to sell cars.
That vert has been on their lot for MONTHS! They actually have it marked up 20 grand but then show a dealer "discount" of 10 grand. So it's actually "only" 10 grand over MSRP. They'll never sell it at that delusional price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts