Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a,15 (white) with ceramic treatment. What polish is recommended to give an outstanding shine. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,684 Posts
Most true ceramic treatments have a recommended post wash application to continue the high shine. Check with the supplier of your treatment. Rarely do they recommend polishing nor should it really need it. RedHot's CQuartz Finest is going on 7 years and still looks spectacular. I still get asked if it is a new car.

Reactions: stevec

·
Registered
2014 Z51 Coupe
40 Posts
Just had mine done and the guy said the same thing. Should be no need. Mine needs some yearly treatment (which I don't recall what or why) but I suspect if yours lost it's high shine, something else is wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the "Color-n-Drive" ceramic treatment to our C-7, and it is spectacular looking. They say that you can do multiple coats, and I did apply a second coat after a week. I really didn't see any benefit because the first coat did such a tremendous job. However, about a year after that application I was washing the Corvette and had some oil or grease smears on the ceramic. Instead of re-washing, I had a bottle of Eagle One Nano polish handy and used it to remove the grease and oil from the ceramic. They result was excellent- that grease and oil were removed and the resulting shine was very surprising. My only concern will be if I decide to re apply the ceramic that I have to remove all the Nano polish.

·
Registered
2014 Z51 Coupe
40 Posts
Precisely why I had it pro done. If I have ANY issues - Vito's getting a call! With what I paid for the car, the $ isn't even a consideration.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I believe that their are varying levels and brands of Ceramic Coating meaning how long they would last and of course the more expensive the longer it should last but I would think it might vary by climate. That said, it's been a few years since I checked around but the prices for Opti-Coat Ceramic seems all across the board and wonder what is a reasonable or going rate based on what others have paid? I guess I might call around again.....

I also wonder if it is worth the investment since I only drive it about 3000 miles a year April - November and then it is stored. I had it waxed and detailed a few years ago and it doesn't get really dirty but the sprayer washes everything off pretty good on my Arctic White.

·
Registered
51 Posts
POLISHANGEL Cosmic Spritz. Doesn’t matter what type/brand of ceramic you’ve applied, this is easily THE best top layer for your coating. You’ll love it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told not to do it ,I have ceramic pro .
That’s what I have. Not sure why your installer would tell you that. There are dozens of “toppers” out there now that add some gloss but more importantly add a light “sacrificial layer” to your ceramic. I have found Cosmic Spritz to be the best I’ve tried so far. Safe for all ceramic finishes. But don’t take my word for it, check out some of the more well-respected detailer channels on YouTube. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
132 Posts
S100 carnauba paste wax. Outstanding product. You need something that is ez to apply over the ceramic. If you are losing shine or gloss it may be due to washing car with bits of sand particles, about the only thing that could form micro scratches. Btw, S100 is priced right, $18!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts