Stingray Corvette Forum banner

POLL: What Will ME’s Entry Price Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
What might the demographic be? Most of the current buyers are are +52. Are younger people going to pay a premium for a car that Chevy promotes as America's sports car? I don't believe GM will produce a limited amount vehicles in a totally revamped facility.

·
Registered
152 Posts
2) The DCT will be standard. It is hard to estimate the DCT’s incremental pricing, but the best comparable is the increase of an automatic for the Corvette compared to the manual is now $1,725. (And back to the past, if a manual trans is offered in the ME, which is a very long shot, it would become the $1,725 incremental option.)

What?? a manual transmission is a long shot in the ME? What kind of a sports car is that? But then again, I was raised overseas and I wouldn't be caught dead with an automatic transmission in a sports car... no manual transmission? No Corvette for me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2) The DCT will be standard. It is hard to estimate the DCT’s incremental pricing, but the best comparable is the increase of an automatic for the Corvette compared to the manual is now $1,725. (And back to the past, if a manual trans is offered in the ME, which is a very long shot, it would become the $1,725 incremental option.)
Automatic trans is a $1995.00 option.

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
2)What?? a manual transmission is a long shot in the ME? What kind of a sports car is that?
The same kind of a sports car as is every Ferrari, every McLaren and every Lamborghini.

Separately, it is really good however that we each get to choose whatever brand we would want, including those with manuals.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Following GM's official announcement of the C8, here's the latest info from Car and Driver:

We hear Chevrolet will hold the line on pricing for the 2020 Corvette, despite its monumental philosophical shift and abundance of new technology. Expect the new Corvette to cost around $62,000 to start, an increase of around $5000 compared to the C7 Stingray's starting price of $56,995.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A lot of wishful thinking here. Here’s mine. I would like to have an ME, but I drive my Z06, take it on occasional trips and sometimes need the cargo space. Could not/would not pay well over 100,000 and give that up so price must be at most a bit more than the Z06. Difficult to say though whether I will “splurge” for a car that really lacks the space I enjoy. I am on the fence but a price far above 100,000 will probably lead me to keep my 2015 Z06 and watch the MEs go by.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I said it dozens upon dozens of times here on the site that the C8 should start with a "5". This is just one example of so many, if people would like to go find them:

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-c8-general-forum/63993-actual-me-camo-d-pictures-3.html#post754793

Also, this quote from the post below: "If the C7 stops production before the mid-engine starts production, then I still think the mid-engine starting MSRP will begin with a "5" for the first year (if for no other reason than to give a huge "WOW" factor to the market, and also because I believe they can price it that way and still make good money on it, because the true cost difference to GM for where they locate the engine will not be significant, IMHO). I believe that, if the C7 stops production before the mid-engine starts, the "if you can afford the previous generation, you can afford the next generation" will continue to hold. GM will never abandon its customers, pricing them out of the ability to buy a new Corvette. It will not happen."

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-c8-general-forum/68042-when-might-you-buy-your-me-2.html#post798769

I could go on, and on, but that is enough.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My C7 is my daily driver, and has been used for lots of trips. But I don't think we're the typical Corvette owners. I've met many who only take their cars out on warm, sunny weekends when there's no threat of rain, pollen, etc.
Me2 on the daily driver Vette. I put 12K miles a year on my C7 and that's during the Summer months only. 5 months of the year I don't get out the vette primarily because of the red cinders Oregon uses on winter roads. This car is the most comfortable 400 mile trip vehicle I've ever driven.

·
Administrator
15,006 Posts
Since the preliminary pricing is known, the poll is now closed to further voting. Thanks for participating. Thread is still open however for posting.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone know when the firm pricing of all options and accessories will be available to do a build your car?

·
Super Moderator
3,275 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts