Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Chrome is King, 60+

Votes: 28 28.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of the older guys where I work at 48. The thirtyish guys are giving me so much grief for going with chrome wheels, saying they would have 'murdered out' the car (black wheels, windows, etc.). I happen to believe chrome is king, and believe there is a strong correlation between age and 'blacking out' your car. Choose what wheels you have or have ordered along with your age group please. I thought this poll had been taken before, but I could not find it. Maybe it's all the years of polishing chrome.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd have to say that it depends on the color of the car and we all know that everyone is going to have their personal preference on the rims. With that being said, I have the black rims on my LB 7

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very true..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Incorrect? What does that mean? There is no incorrect, only preference. To each his/her own.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
10,602 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I left stock wheels on my Z51 just to be different.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
OK. How about stock wheels?

The voting in our house was black for husband, chrome for me, compromise we will buy stock! :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Black is my preference, especially good in combination w black carbon flash highlights on the car, including the CF mirror / spoiler option that I got!

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1395798944.795136.jpg

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, black for me to hide the brake dust from the track.

But yes, I think your theory about chrome being related to age is probably on to something. This is what us "kids" (29) think of when you mention chrome and cars in the same sentence:

cadillac-bumper1.jpg

Reactions: MrG69

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any opinions on this one. I think the black wheels because of all the black accents already. The wife and most of my Corvette Club friends also vote for chrome. DSC03420.JPG

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I personally like to standard painted wheels, saw one with them today at a dealer, chrome are nice to.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts