Votes: 11 7.2%
  • None

Votes: 14 9.2%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many life-long Corvette enthusiasts we have on the forum? Have many Corvettes have you owned? Will the C7 be your first?

·
Registered
21 Posts
3, the C7 will make 4

This was #1, 1989
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Alloy wheel

#2,2010 Z06
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

#3, 2011 ZR1 (never will part with)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

And this was my latest build, and will hold me over until September, 2011 690 RWHP ZLX
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive design

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno CK, his ZR1 is one sweet ride! I've never owned a Corvette before so this would be my first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Vette's are nice but that ZLX takes the trophy :) Wow that is awesome!! I'd love to hear the mods on it..........
CK, when Chevy came out with the Gen 5 Camaro's and 426HP at the crank, my wheels started spinning. I had an 84 Z28 & an 87 IROC 5.7L, same as the Vette engine when they went Tuned Port Injected, then it was all Vettes after that, besides my Tahoes, still can't get away from the LS engines, but why would I, best engine ever IMO. SO any way back to the ZLX, it's a one off build, and to tell a complete mod list would take me a long time. It's supposed to be in Camaro Now & GM High Perf mags, I have to contact Scott Parker, the editor after I'm done which should be this week. I loved the new body style as it reminded me of the old Maros from the 60s, not that I remember them LOL, but the look was pure muscle car! I ordered it as loaded 2SS/RS LS3 (M6), I knew I was going to drop a blower in it and went with SLP Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, times have changed because I was able to purchase a 5yr/100K warranty with that.
But a quick list of additional mods: Full Pedders Super Car Xa Coil over replaced the stock suspension, Pfadt castor/camber, although Pete from Pedders sent me the first R & D set of their plates to swap out, so it's all Pedderized. Front & rear trailer arms, ZL1 Sway Bars & end Links, BMR Urethane bushings replaced all stock bushes everywhere, DSS Carbon Fiber 3 3/8 Driveshaft, 1400HP Half Shafts replaced rear axles, Granatelli 1G Suspension Brace, Hi-Performance Coils & wires, SS brake lines, ALKY Control METH kit, 3.6 pulley, Hammerhead IRS, JRE Super Tensioner, 8 rib Billet pulleys, Custom CAI air box, MPD1 Z-Force Ram Air hood, rear spoiler & smooth rear exhaust panel, 3dCarbon side skirts & front fender vents, Oracle lighting throughout with Concept mirrors & side markers, custom grind blower Comp cam, ID850cc injectors, ZL1 Fuel pump with an ADM fuel pump module, NGK 7 plugs, RX Monster Catch Can, Ported, polished & painted 102mm throttle body, OD Cog Drive, Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers, ported heads, no cats, SLP X-Pipe in SLP Loud Mouth II exhaust, TSW Powder Coated Matte Black Nurburgring 20"x10" & 20"x11" wheels with Nitto NT05 rubber, custom painted interior & sound system with Pioneer 7" touchscreen with HVAC controls, Nav & Back up camera, V1 Radar system in rearview mirror with Jammer, custom fiberglass & 10" sub enclosure & Amp board wrapped in leather & stitched to match seats, custom aluminum diamond plate mats. I know I missed a bunch of stuff, but that's an idea of what's in there...

Meth sprayer in intake tube

Meth is stored in stock washer bottle & added smaller one for windshield fluid

Meth & V1 Controls in CC

Boost & AFR Gauges in dual A Pillar pod

I dunno CK, his ZR1 is one sweet ride! I've never owned a Corvette before so this would be my first.
The Zr1 is a remarkable car, best stock car I've ever had, if you can call it stock, but the ZLX is faster

·
Registered
9 Posts
None so far... I have always loved Corvettes, but never bought one. C7 will be my first also.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Two, a '77 base coupe and a '96 LT4.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Three previous Corvettes. The Stingray will be the fourth. I have a first year addiction. I've owned a 1984, a 1997, a 2005 and I have a 2014 scheduled to be built this week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This will be my first.
Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is going to be my first corvette. I'm going from a 2011 bmw m3.
Luis

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2014 Cyber Gray Stingray is my 19th Corvette. My very first one was a 1963 Stingray red convertable.

John V

·
Registered
196 Posts
John V im so jealous!!! This is my 2nd Corvette. I had a 1998 c5 arctic white. I loved that car. Its still a special one for me. I now have a beautiful C7 Z51 Cybergray Vette. This one too is special. I guess they all are!!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
GM is going to be pretty happy to know 25% of these pollsters have never owned a Vette. That the new target demographic.

Reactions: Manta-C7
1 - 20 of 74 Posts