Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have throttle bodies for the LT1 available now just $150. Call us for details and if you're in the Tampa Bay area we'll put you on the dyno for a little before and after... If you are running a custom tune, the installation of a ported throttle body may require additional tuning.

*** 3 in stock currently

·
Registered
509 Posts
do you exchange for the stock one, like a core ?

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
Tommy, could you please explain for those of us who do not understand, how a LT1 will benefit from a ported throttle body.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you exchange for the stock one, like a core ?

14 RWHP and 10 RWTQ plus improved off idle throttle response (which is the best feature). This is the Computer designed CNC pattern cut to reduce disruption and break up surface tension for great flow and velocity. $150 plus $200 refundable core charge once your original stock throttle body has been returned and is verified in good working order, we'll refund you. Call direct to order these for now, they're not on the site yet due to limited quantities.

(941) 721-1826, PM me or email: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
with gm's new software where they can detect what you do to your car is this a warranty void issue?
If you don't tune for it then there's nothing to detect though if you read the latest bulletin it calls out generic modifications that increase performance and have not been validated by GM.

Basically they are tightening the noose and you can thank the diesel truck idiots who put power packs on their trucks and blew up thousands of transmissions and rear ends.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you don't tune for it then there's nothing to detect though if you read the latest bulletin it calls out generic modifications that increase performance and have not been validated by GM.

Basically they are tightening the noose and you can thank the diesel truck idiots who put power packs on their trucks and blew up thousands of transmissions and rear ends.
Yeah. As much as I hate to agree, I agree. I have no idea how many trannies or rear ends blew due to chips in diesel pickups, but dumping all that fuel into the cylinders (more than could be burned in the cylinder) creates horrible black smoke clouds. Wasted fuel and gave diesel a bad name.

Love modern diesel power in cars and trucks for the torque and economy. But, falling gas prices and modern turbo gas power are making higher price/higher maintenance cost diesel power less desirable.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with gm's new software where they can detect what you do to your car is this a warranty void issue?
MJW930 is correct, it's physical/internal so there's really no way for the software to detect such a modification. Plus there is no way a properly ported TB is going to cause any catastrophic failure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts