Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used my local dealer for a couple of times now. The first was an oil change and, although the service person was knowledgeable and friendly, they refused to cover Mobil 1. The next visit was to replace a cracked radiator. The third visit the other day was a follow up because I thought the radiator was leaking. It was not. Each time I filled out the survey.

The point is that each time I visited the dealership, the customer service improved. I had owned a Lexus in the past and those folks have Customer Service down. So when I went to this last visit at my local dealership I was made to feel special and treated with the utmost courtesy. There were no excuses and I was immediately set up with a rental car so they could really make sure there were no problems with Star.

I feel prompted to ask others to share positive or improving dealership relationships you are experiencing, if you are using the surveys and/or Customer service to help improve the interaction at the dealership. Again, we've all heard a ton of bad experiences at dealers, so let's try to keep this positive.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Honestly, even if you are getting bad service, don't burn them on the survey. You start the war. Call the service mgr and tell him you got a survey and want to give him good scores but can't at this point. Most dealers will find this refreshing honesty and go out of their way to give you better service next time.

Great post, very positive....

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My small town dealer where I purchased my car gives excellent personalized service, every time I go in. They fixed my rear hatch seal perfectly, did the seat reflash perfectly and even installed my CAGS eliminator for me. Of course I have been doing business with them about 10 years now and have bought my last six vehicles from them. It is a family run business with about 45 employees. I buy them donuts every once in a while and I bought them lunch (20 pizzas) after I bought the Corvette, because they treated me so well during the transaction. It's about building relationships.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
My small town dealer where I purchased my car gives excellent personalized service, every time I go in. They fixed my rear hatch seal perfectly, did the seat reflash perfectly and even installed my CAGS eliminator for me. Of course I have been doing business with them about 10 years now and have bought my last six vehicles from them. It is a family run business with about 45 employees. I buy them donuts every once in a while and I bought them lunch (20 pizzas) after I bought the Corvette, because they treated me so well during the transaction. It's about building relationships.
gregg, you went out of your way to take care of them, I bet they will always take care of you. When my AC went down, Marine Chevrolet put me in a Cady. I've never went to a dealership demanding things, I just step back listen and learn and get to know everybody by their first name. I feel like Norm walking into Cheers sometimes at the dealership, (where everybody knows your name).

SF
Rick

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bought at Kerbeck but have used Ingersoll in Danbury Ct. For two services. First re flash of software. Prompt appointment, excellent friendly service. Took some time to load, but kept informed throughout process. Given tour of newly built service area when finished. Had oil changed today with mobil 1, same story. Went out of their way appointment wise as was about to travel. So far, very happy with this dealership. Wish I could have bought the vette from them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have posted in several other threads concerning how pleased I am with my local dealer (Diepholz Chevrolet/GMC/Cadillac) so I won't restate all of that here. I have never bought a car from them in the past, but I certainly would give them every opportunity in the future. When they extensively remodeled their building, I think that they also remodeled their service orientation--based on what I have been told by others. All I can say is they have treated me and my vehicles great.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
What a refreshing thread vs the doom and gloom of many other threads here and on all the forums. A dealership is made up of people, and many times, because the mgmt is so busy putting out fires of all kinds, THEY DON'T KNOW that the serv advisor or tech treated you badly, and certainly don't want it to go on. Dealerships don't get much mgmt training, so they forget a key fundamental of mgmt: they don't re-inspect their work or their people. I have seen policies bent and changed by a line worker and the mgmt never even knew it! So please speak to your mgmt when possible, tell them the good things and the bad, I guarantee you they are all ears. They need to have more mystery shopping done (where a person is sent in to act like a customer) to get feedback and chev does some, but they need more. Many simply don't see what's going on, on the line and with client -facing staff...don't bitch and whine to your client advisor ESCALATE your good and bad experience, they need it...

this comes from working with 2000+ dealers over my career as a fac rep and gen mgr for Porsche, Honda and BMW dealerships...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought my C7 from Rick Conti at Coughlin and have had some minor servicing and inspection at Sun Chevrolet outside of Pittsburgh. They have been wonderful, and I am most happy and confident knowing I can go back there for any issue. Having a service department you can trust and building a good relationship makes all the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts