Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone like this idea? Logo text 2.jpg
I made this Logo with text design, any ideas on how to make into a cover for the ugly sun visor label?

Reactions: 55tireman

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like it!

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
34 Posts
The letter r in StingRay is a capital letter, but love your idea. Now if we can get someone to make our covers!!!!

Randy in Texas

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could change the word Corvette to a different color and print them with a dark background? (glen e)
they can be printed on a refrigerator type magnet if that could be attached somehow?

Could someone give me a measurement of the visor label?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wonder why everyone but you spells Stingray with a small ‘r’

Stingray Chevrolet
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-stingray/specs/trims.html
It is properly presented with a capital R

See any logo with StingRay on it. Tadge himself has pointed this out in a presentation of the car as a differentiator from either of the two prior spellings.

One of many examples...

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1397527479.938344.jpg

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stingray City.jpg Stingray City has the final say on spelling :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Idea.....
I've ordered 2 of these, they're 4" x 6" flexible refrigerator type magnets. They can be trimmed to size and attached to the visor with double sided tape.
The photo is low quality as I took it off the computer screen, the actual item will be clear. What do you think?

Visor photo.jpg

Reactions: The Rock

·
Registered
502 Posts
Some background and a head's up....

Back when I got my Z06 in 2007, I found a guy on the web who made visor decals that stuck right over the warning labels already there. He used the cross flags & Z06 logos, an outline of your car (color matched to your particular color - mine was JSB) and a saying (choice of 3-4) - the one I chose went something like: "This Corvette Z06 has 505hp and is capable of a top speed of 198mph. Please buckle up, sit back, and enjoy your ride"

There was also a saying available inferring any female passenger should remove any restrictive undergarments and hand them to the driver to be safe....cute, but not for me as I was in a relationship.

Anyhow, bought them, applied them, loved them. When I got my ZR1 in 2010, I tracked him down again and inquired about new decals.

He responded that GM legal had sent him a "cease & desist" letter for using the trademarked logos - so he did similar ZR1 decals for me, but had to alter the logos so as not to infringe.

Bottom line is, if you are doing for yourself, I think you should be OK; but if you are using the logos & selling - GM will come after you...so be careful! They are *VERY* protective of their trademarks!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You make a good point, I'm simply planning a DIY project for my own car.
I'll add one more possible idea I have for personal use only :rolleyes:

I was able to source a Stingray plaque, Aluminum with 3M adhesive backing. I'm thinking I could apply it to a piece of flexible material such as a
cut to size piece magnetic of bumper sticker, paint it black and adhere the plaque to it and attach to visor with double sided tape

Alum Plate Logo 736.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm with Glen e. The reason to cover the warning lable is because it is bright and distracting. Covering it with a white lable doesn't fix that. Now do the same design with a black background and I'd be a customer.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I'm with Glen e. The reason to cover the warning lable is because it is bright and distracting. Covering it with a white lable doesn't fix that. Now do the same design with a black background and I'd be a customer.
LOL....find a bright colored insignia and tape to the under side of your ball cap bill - now wear it for a couple days and tell me what you think.....same situation here...

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is properly presented with a capital R

See any logo with StingRay on it. Tadge himself has pointed this out in a presentation of the car as a differentiator from either of the two prior spellings.

One of many examples...

View attachment 6292

MrG 69
Thanks for the correction. Perhaps I'll start spelling it STINGRAY (all CAPs) from now on.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts