Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my family recently inherited a 75 or 76 sting ray can't remember the exact year. The engine has been bored, not sure what to. My question is after sitting for 25+years in a garage, besides the obvious things like fuel, oil, battery, tires what are some ofhert thingsI might encounter or should look for? Just trying to get an idea of what I'll be getting myself into. Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
Welcome to our forum Bmanji. Ah, exciting and potentially very challenging. Depending on the climate, all seals and gaskets are probably in need of total replacement. Possibly the wiring and or wiring harness, especially if there were any rodents around. Rust/corrosion on frame and suspension. Brake cylinders. When you mentioned fuel, the condition of the fuel tank, fuel lines etc. would need to be replaced or at a minimum flushed. Fuel float is most probably toast. Condition of the headers, exhaust manifold and system for rust-through (again, depending on the storage environment).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Other members correct me if I have my years wrong but I think is correct for 76ish:

Try to determine if there is still a "tank sticker" on the top of the fuel tank which details the build info. If there is, do not disturb or damage it during your work other then to document its condition and presence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts