Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help an old fart out?I got dogs I want to show off !

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Photo posting guide

Here is a guide, hope it helps. There are two easy ways to put a picture in your post:
One is to capture it directly from your computer and the other is to capture the link from one of the free photo hosting sites. I will try to detail each process:
To capture directly from you computer
1. start a 'reply to thread' and when you get to the part where you would like to insert a picture
2. click on the image that looks like a small picture directly above the reply you are writing.
3. you will see two options in the pop up window "Insert Image" from either your computer or from a url. You want the from your computer option. Click on upload file and then go to the directory on your computer where you have the jpg (image) you want to add to your reply. When you find it, open it and it will show the name and size in the pop up window. Then hit upload. Wait for it and it with then add "attach=config xxx attach" to your reply.
If you have done it correctly it will look something like this P1060199.jpg

To capture from a photo hosting site:

1. open an account if you don't have one at photobucket.com or tinypic.com or any other free service
2. follow their guide to upload the picture you want directly from your computer (don't worry it is safe to do this)
3. once your picture is uploaded to their sight, copy the url link they give you such as "http://i40.tinypic.com/e8wo5y.jpg"
4. start a 'reply to thread' here and paste that copied link into the window that will pop up when you click on the image that looks like a small picture directly above the reply you are writing. You will see two options, one is to capture from your computer and the other is to capture from URL. The URL one is the one to use if you have up loaded your image to a sight like photobucket or tinyic.
5. if all has gone well you will see something added to your reply that reads "Attach=Config xxxx Attach" and you picture will be captured
6. here is an example e8wo5y.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you! I was looking for this info as well.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Another note on using the hosting services, when you have posted a pic on a forum and then either move or delete it from the service, it goes away on forums as well....sometimes I forget that....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nice pic JVinSB except for the Padres license plate bracket :D I mean really Padres? You know the Giants are the team in California :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess the only thing more pathetic than a Padres fan, is a Cubs fan. Can’t help it, been a Padres guy since they were in the Pacific Coast League.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts