Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number 155 of the 500 unit run of the Premier edition just showed up on the transporter.

Going to unwrap it ASAP.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Id love to see pics of the hood and if I remember correctly the hood is clear, what engine looks like. Id love to get that hood for my C7

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before centercaps

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh thats what it is. I thought the hood was clear to show engine. Id still love to get a clear hood cut out right above the vents, similar to what Ferrari & Lambo have and dress up the engine so it showcases through.

Reactions: cayennes

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Oh thats what it is. I thought the hood was clear to show engine. Id still love to get a clear hood cut out right above the vents, similar to what Ferrari & Lambo have and dress up the engine so it showcases through.
Just get out the old jigsaw. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just got home from work. A gentleman drove in from past Abilene to Dallas to pick this car up.

He had been in Saturday while visiting family in the area and checked out a different one I had. He took Sunday to think about it and it was gone. He was debating between a Stingray and an Audi R8. He'd never considered the Vette before seeing it in person on Saturday.

He got there about 9:40pm and after finishing with finance the owner came out spoke with him a while thanking him for coming all that way.

He and I spent about an hour going over all of the features of the car and setting it up for him. After that we took a nice test drive and he learned and felt exactly how the different settings affect on the car.

His favorite being the active rev matching. He hadn't driven a stick in years. After feeling the easy pull away from the torque provided and the rev matching on downshift, he looked like he'd never stopped driving a stick. He was like a kid in a candy store.

Times like tonight remind me why I love these cars so much.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
That was nice of you to stay thru the night getting him all settled in I'm sure he appreciated it. Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It also comes with *special* luggage........

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The great thing about this car, is that if you go on Chevrolet.com and build a car identical to this one (option for option); you have an almost identical sticker price. But, this car will be one of 500 and be numbered as such, both in the VIN and on the dash plaque.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The great thing about this car, is that if you go on Chevrolet.com and build a car identical to this one (option for option); you have an almost identical sticker price. But, this car will be one of 500 and be numbered as such, both in the VIN and on the dash plaque.
I stumbled across one yesterday at a local Chevy dealer. They were trying to keep it under wraps until they can throw a "2014 Debut Show" of ALL the new Chevy's on Nov. 14th., making this vette the center piece. Thru some wheeling & dealing I convinced them that I should be the new owner. It's a done deal, and I will be driving #142 home as soon as they decide the party is over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats!

It's a gorgeous car.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Congrats!! I did that once when Infiniti came out with their new G37, it was under wraps for the unveiling but I bought it and had to wait until after the party. Funny to watch all the people get in and out of your car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's no joke. I've had to do that before. Its funny and nerve wracking all at once.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wheel caps, floor mats, and sill plates came in today for 415/500! Dealer said it was gonna take awhile, but it was only 2 weeks! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1386281634.840258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 20 of 36 Posts