Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have #163 and it has the carbon roof.
I saw that the NCM is raffling off a PE Coupe and they list it with a glass top.
Do any other PE owners has the glass roof? Did it come that way? Was it a special order?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have #163 and it has the carbon roof.
I saw that the NCM is raffling off a PE Coupe and they list it with a glass top.
Do any other PE owners has the glass roof? Did it come that way? Was it a special order?

Thanks,
Craig
Craig:

As you may or may not know, the Premiere Edition cars were all not built in one fell swoop....they were built intermixed with other cars. As a result, they got "caught up" in the CF roof allocation situation, such that many of the cars (perhaps another member will know an approximate PE VIN #) ended up having to be built with the clear roof - which was pretty much all that was available at the time.

The cars' price was lowered appropriately ($1k less, I believe) and they were sold with no other changes.

They were not special orders.

Enjoy yours! Many would consider you lucky for having the CF roof....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had not heard about the change during the production run.
I am happy to have the CF roof.
I was just curious about the glass top I saw.

Funny though, I want a glass roof top once they are available as an accessory.
From what I have been able to determine, the only way to get a glass roof after the fact is to order all of the parts and assemble it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had not heard about the change during the production run.
I am happy to have the CF roof.
I was just curious about the glass top I saw.

Funny though, I want a glass roof top once they are available as an accessory.
From what I have been able to determine, the only way to get a glass roof after the fact is to order all of the parts and assemble it.
I have been told that a fully assembled transparent top will be available shortly thru dealers parts dept. that was about a month ago so not sure how to define shortly!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Premiere Edition 397/500 came with the clear roof and I am happy with it. The Carbon Fiber roof would be nice to have as well, but I don't believe they are available.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
It is easy to get the clear roof later. It is hard to get the carbon fiber roof later, because you would have to paint the spears on it, and that means you would have to deal with trying to match paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts