Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the woodlands Texas. I was on the waiting list for the c7 when it first launched, had no issues. Pricing in line with msrp. I Love my car.

Yesrerday I was called about the Z06 ( I was on list again) . My sales rep ( same rep who sold me c07) said before I even come in they wanted to let me know, 5k down and 25k OVER MSRP. I told them I will still be in, but they can go fly a kite with that price.

Has anyone else heard what dealers are ACTUALLY selling the Z06 for.?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Since there have been no deliveries yet, don't think your question can be accurately answered.

If someone has a sales manager signed deal at MSRP, or whatever price, it still might not mean anything until that dealer gets his/her car. Z06 might be tough to procure until hype dies down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I live in the woodlands Texas. I was on the waiting list for the c7 when it first launched, had no issues. Pricing in line with msrp. I Love my car.

Yesrerday I was called about the Z06 ( I was on list again) . My sales rep ( same rep who sold me c07) said before I even come in they wanted to let me know, 5k down and 25k OVER MSRP. I told them I will still be in, but they can go fly a kite with that price.

Has anyone else heard what dealers are ACTUALLY selling the Z06 for.?
I live in katy, TX. My previous dealer told me 15k back in may when no one knew anything about the Z06. I offered 8k. But since I found Macmulkin and their great service I order a 2015 stingray from them as well I am on there waiting list. But 25k is definitely too much. That's another car!! It's honestly a better route to go with the top corvette dealers than anyone local here in houston.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I live in katy, TX. My previous dealer told me 15k back in may when no one knew anything about the Z06. I offered 8k. But since I found Macmulkin and their great service I order a 2015 stingray from them as well I am on there waiting list. But 25k is definitely too much. That's another car!! It's honestly a better route to go with the top corvette dealers than anyone local here in houston.
Parkway wants $30,000 over sticker. What is Macmulkin offering?

·
18,670 Posts
The demand compared to supply ratio for the Z06 will far, far exceed trying to get a Z-51 last fall, and the market, for at least all of calendar year 2015 will result in most paying over sticker.

We do not know what Kerbeck will be charging, but keep hearing persistent rumors that they will announce over list. This is not fact, but purely rumor, and the only reason I being this up is that IF Kerbeck charges over list, then my belief is that most dealers will follow. There will be some exceptions, dealers who will charge MSRP regardless of what other dealers do, and there will additionally also be those individuals who already have an agreement to purchase with dealers at sticker. No inside info, but my opinion only, Kerbeck will announce their Z06 pricing and more (how they will accept orders, etc.) next Tuesday (when Z06 allocations are officially given to USA dealers by GM), and if not Tuesday, probably soon thereafter.

Had a very interesting, very recent conversation with another dealer who was one of the 900 "initial StingRay allocation pool", and who ordered and received Z-51's last fall. His name I will not share, but you know him if you watch Barett Jackson, and he is unable to get a Z06 even for his personal collection, nor for his dealership. He offered another equally well known, but HUGE Corvette dealer (top ten in Corvette sales) $25,000 over to buy a Z06 from that huge dealer and was told by this second dealer that all of his Z06's are already spoken for, "sorry."

This dealer marks the third dealer who has already shared, that while they were part of the initial 900 StingRay allocation pool last fall, that they know they will not be able to get a single 2015 Z06, raising our previous discussion of whether GM will lower that number of 2015 Z06 dealers to their top 500 only, to 300 or ???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, that's brutal! Most dealers I spoke to were asking MSRP. Only 1 wanted $5k over. I would definitely look out of state.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
if I owned a dealership, I would charge over list - law of supply and demand - yes flame me, ok with me....I doubt you'll see many dealers at MSRP with the prod #'s they intend to produce...

that being said, the argument is moot, as by the time they get here, they will be all sold out, even the forum guys, IMO....demand is just too strong to think otherwise...

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm sure we will here stories about people who got their Z06 for MSRP or even at a slight discount, ignore them, they are anomalies. As Glen and John have stated, supply and demand will rule here. The only way you will get MSRP will be if you have a long term relationship with a dealer, have a locked in contract or some sales manager is asleep at the wheel. My guess is a $10k premium will be the average after negotiation as most dealers will slap a $20k+ add sticker on the car and guess what! every single one that's built will get sold. The car is just too much of a screaming bargain and it's pulling in far more interest among enthusiasts than any previous Z06 or ZR1. Unless it's real world performance numbers tank or there is a major issue with the drivetrain expect to pay a premium for a Z06 through the 2016 MY.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I'm sure we will here stories about people who got their Z06 for MSRP or even at a slight discount, ignore them, they are anomalies. As Glen and John have stated, supply and demand will rule here. The only way you will get MSRP will be if you have a long term relationship with a dealer, have a locked in contract or some sales manager is asleep at the wheel. My guess is a $10k premium will be the average after negotiation as most dealers will slap a $20k+ add sticker on the car and guess what! every single one that's built will get sold. The car is just too much of a screaming bargain and it's pulling in far more interest among enthusiasts than any previous Z06 or ZR1. Unless it's real world performance numbers tank or there is a major issue with the drivetrain expect to pay a premium for a Z06 through the 2016 MY.
Exactly, I know dealer owners that will not sell to their own family at or less than MSRP for high demand cars....LOL - as Ive said before this car has "supercharged" demand as it will bring in the big hitter lawyer/doctors/professional/entrpenuers that don't know a damn thing about cars , just have to have something their partner can't get....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Parkway wants $30,000 over sticker.
Ouch. If you'll have to pay $125,000+ for an optioned Z06, I'd start to look hard at the mid-engined dream cars, like a clean 430 or a nice Gallardo. After all, to many people a Z06 is "just another Corvette".

Reactions: smajicek and Raydor

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am number 3 on my dealers list with a deposit since March. My dealer not only told me I would get the car at MSRP but they put it in writing directly on my deposit receipt. So I fully expect to buy my car at my build price (MSRP).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Exactly, I know dealer owners that will not sell to their own family at or less than MSRP for high demand cars....LOL - as Ive said before this car has "supercharged" demand as it will bring in the big hitter lawyer/doctors/professional/entrpenuers that don't know a damn thing about cars , just have to have something their partner can't get....
Since my baby boy is a surgeon, I guess we have a chance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am number 3 on my dealers list with a deposit since March. My dealer not only told me I would get the car at MSRP but they put it in writing directly on my deposit receipt. So I fully expect to buy my car at my build price (MSRP).
Same here. My dealer agreed to sell my Z06 at msrp and the sales manager put it in writing for me at the time I placed my deposit. I expect my dealer to honor their agreement so I also expect to buy my car at msrp. .

·
Registered
39 Posts
When did you get on the list? I think that those that got on early were most likely to get the MSRP in writing. Things are beginning to heat up now that the car is close to production and has been viewed by many online. Once the magazines come out with their tests I suspect the demand will go up astronomically and so will the dealer markups. Other dealers have said that they can't tell me the price until they hear how many cars they will be allocated. Apparently, if they get a limited number then they will mark them up significantly.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I got on the list in March, and my understanding is that it is for MSRP. I am not going to pay over MSRP, even though I easily can pay a heafty premium if were to so choose. But I will not do that.

I want the car, but I can easily live without it.

Reactions: Raydor

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ouch. If you'll have to pay $125,000+ for an optioned Z06, I'd start to look hard at the mid-engined dream cars, like a clean 430 or a nice Gallardo. After all, to many people a Z06 is "just another Corvette".
Good point and the reason they will not be getting my business.

I already own two Audi R8's - one spyder and one coupe so far - and one Lamborghini LP560-4. Shopping for a second LP560-4 now (must be a dark colored Spyder, no bright flashy interior accents and manual transmission only). These are my favorite cars built on my favorite platform with my most favorite engine: the 5.2L V10. Sounds like heaven.

This is why I needed the Stingray: I don't like racking up boring highway miles in my 'supercars' and I am a shallow, small, petty little man and wanted something that was simultaneously a blast to drive and fluffy froufrou on the inside. This Stingray is my first automatic transmission car. With heated and ventilated seats, automatic and electronic everything and undoubtedly the world's best infotainment center, this fits the bill. Not to mention, this car tracks a straight line like an angry locomotive. My 2014 Stingray Z51 3LT may be the greatest highway car I've ever driven.

At one point, I fully intended upon trading it for a 2015 Jaguar F-Type R — until I tested one. The Stingray wins, hands-down. The seating position is addicting with both fender flares visible in front of me and that sweet spoiler behind me, always visible in my rear-view mirror. I've never driven a car that allowed me to see so much of the car! No, this car is addicting and I now understand why some members are on their fourth or fifth one. I bought my first one eight months ago and I'm already shopping for my second. I am very impatient to order. Only hold-back is choosing a color. The problem is, this car makes every color look great and every color looks great on this car! What's my favorite Stingray color today? All of them!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good point and the reason they will not be getting my business.

I already own two Audi R8's - one spyder and one coupe so far - and one Lamborghini LP560-4. Shopping for a second LP560-4 now (must be a dark colored Spyder, no bright flashy interior accents and manual transmission only). These are my favorite cars built on my favorite platform with my most favorite engine: the 5.2L V10. Sounds like heaven.

This is why I needed the Stingray: I don't like racking up boring highway miles in my 'supercars' and I am a shallow, small, petty little man and wanted something that was simultaneously a blast to drive and fluffy froufrou on the inside. This Stingray is my first automatic transmission car. With heated and ventilated seats, automatic and electronic everything and undoubtedly the world's best infotainment center, this fits the bill. Not to mention, this car tracks a straight line like an angry locomotive. My 2014 Stingray Z51 3LT may be the greatest highway car I've ever driven.

At one point, I fully intended upon trading it for a 2015 Jaguar F-Type R — until I tested one. The Stingray wins, hands-down. The seating position is addicting with both fender flares visible in front of me and that sweet spoiler behind me, always visible in my rear-view mirror. I've never driven a car that allowed me to see so much of the car! No, this car is addicting and I now understand why some members are on their fourth or fifth one. I bought my first one eight months ago and I'm already shopping for my second. I am very impatient to order. Only hold-back is choosing a color. The problem is, this car makes every color look great and every color looks great on this car! What's my favorite Stingray color today? All of them!
I love my cyber gray metallic and if I could get a 2015 I'd get the shark gray with machined aluminum wheels and yellow brake calipers. But I know you like the Laguna blue.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I love my cyber gray metallic and if I could get a 2015 I'd get the shark gray with machined aluminum wheels and yellow brake calipers. But I know you like the Laguna blue.
Are you psychic? Should probably have yourself checked… :)

Currently, the combo getting my attention is Shark Gray with machined black wheels and yellow calipers. Get out of my head! Otherwise, I'm going to start imagining people naked that you really don't want to see, starting with Rosie O'Donnell and ending with Rosie Grier. 0.0

1 - 20 of 34 Posts