Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know (Elegant maybe?) if the C7 daily production numbers have gone up any?

I know a few weeks ago, if I recall correctly, it was about 30 per day, or around 160 per week. Are these numbers still holding?
That really isn't very many.

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I saw a report that they produced over 880 cars last week so yes, the numbers are way up. Expect them to drop over the next few weeks as they integrate convertibles into the line but it should pick back up. Target is 160/day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark.... big help. Except now I see mine being delayed longer because of the ragtops! Poor timing I guess. I thought that the convertible production wasn't going to start until the first of the year.... my bad!

Do they build verts and coupes at the same time? Or is it only one or the other?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I believe they "batch" the verts between batches of coupes but I'm not sure. I saw another report that the initial batches weren't going well but it was probably expected.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I believe they "batch" the verts between batches of coupes but I'm not sure. I saw another report that the initial batches weren't going well but it was probably expected.
I don't want to hear they are struggling with the convertibles. Mine can't get here soon enough. My dealer says he is suppose to have two convertibles delivered this year. The first one is mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts