Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious -- I see folks with their production status numbers -- 3000, 3300 and so on -- my question is where do I find my number? The GM order status page just says "Queued for production." And please don't tell me to ask my sales person. I called yesterday and other than to give me the out the door price, he didn't have any more information on the production status.
Can someone help a brother out please???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just curious -- I see folks with their production status numbers -- 3000, 3300 and so on -- my question is where do I find my number? The GM order status page just says "Queued for production." And please don't tell me to ask my sales person. I called yesterday and other than to give me the out the door price, he didn't have any more information on the production status.
Can someone help a brother out please???
Try the chat function on the GM order tracking site

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chip and everyone.
I have to share that I just got off the live chat with the folks at GM and they were absolutely great to deal with. No they don't have my TPW yet, but the two representatives I chatted with, Nancy and Steve were extremely polite and helpful. (No doubt C7 order holders as a collective group have been hounding them for a while...)

I can say from experience, that if this is any indication of the improved commitment to customer service, that Chevrolet has really stepped up to it -- and I appreciate the effort. Now, if C7 is as good as I'm hoping, I'll be one very happy owner.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Airdale,

As I write to you, I also initiated an online chat, as suggested by another member. I was connected easily to "Kandi." Who knows if she's in the US or Mumbai. At any rate, she can't help and is now attempting to get me connected with Customer Assistance. She also gave me a phone number. While I'm waiting...

Unless you have a very well-connected rep...one who is one of the designated reps and probably has a long history and strong customer base... you should speak with the Inventory Mgr., who is usually a sales manager, as well. He's the guy who places the order, tracks and prioritizes, and makes decisions on which orders are constrained. I spoke with my guy yesterday. He's part of a large Chevy dealership and knows his stuff. He mentioned that they haven't had an official update from GM in weeks. He couldn't find much through the usual internal webpages, other then "queued for production" but went in through a back door that details changes only to status. He gave me some info but was very tentative, saying that the info was really worth nothing, at this stage.

Now have another rep online...gave her my order number. Waiting... still waiting... here it comes... damn, she gave me the company line. My status is still Queued for Production with no target prod week.

We are all 'chomping at the tailpipe' but they're not going to say much until real solid info is available. I feel your pain. I ordered on 7/5 and was the 23rd order at my dealership. At this point, I'm hoping for October but that's a crap shoot, as far as I can determine.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Airdale, I, like Georgio51 continue to get the same... "your vehicle is in line for production". I have my VIN# (have had it over 2 weeks now) and was #1 on my dealership's list. I ordered first part of June. I do know they've produced customer vehicles already... how many... I can't confirm. Patience is a virtue I'm seriously trying to embrace :p At least we're riding in the same boat... together.

Reactions: Jride

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. After doing research for a year I decided to purchase a new Corvette instead of a Backdraft Cobra (I know two different vehicles but I just wanted a nice weekender sports car) My order number is RMVG43 (NJ) I see that my order is queued for production and was wondering what the delivery time estimate would be from this point. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I started a chat and this is the response
Shontaya:I am not authorized to give production codes. There at times incorrect and confuse the customer.

13:48:09Customer:it wont confuse me I am an educated customer and knows all the codes...

13:48:19Shontaya:I am not authorized to give production codes.

13:48:45Customer:but it is order status code

13:49:20Shontaya:This is all the information we have at this time. Please feel free to call or chat in for further updates. As new information becomes available we will pass it along to you.

13:50:03Customer:eek:k thank you

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. After doing research for a year I decided to purchase a new Corvette instead of a Backdraft Cobra (I know two different vehicles but I just wanted a nice weekender sports car) My order number is RMVG43 (NJ) I see that my order is queued for production and was wondering what the delivery time estimate would be from this point. Thanks for any input.
Welcome, you may, or may not, have a car being built by Chevrolet for you...read this a couple times and ask your dealer some every specific questions:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...urgent-order-delivery-useful-information.html

·
Registered
366 Posts
Let us know if they were able to help you. I've heard mixed reviews of this feature.
They have been super every time I visit (once a week). Very informative.

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have seen lots of people post where they are in the production schedule, and have heard lots of people say their TPW is xzy, but here is the response I got....

"Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order.

As of February 11, 2014, the status of Order Number RPJBFS is the following:

A Target Production Week (TPW) has been assigned to your order. However, due to the nature of production for newly launched vehicles, we are not disclosing any dates at this time. With launch vehicles, various delays can occur and cause changes in the production timelines. In an effort to avoid confusion or misunderstanding, we must keep this information proprietary for the time being.

If you check with us periodically for updates by replying to this message, and we will gladly inform you once your vehicle has been produced."

Whasaup with that????

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have seen lots of people post where they are in the production schedule, and have heard lots of people say their TPW is xzy, but here is the response I got....

"Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order.

A Target Production Week (TPW) has been assigned to your order. However, due to the nature of production for newly launched vehicles, we are not disclosing any dates at this time. With launch vehicles, various delays can occur and cause changes in the production timelines. In an effort to avoid confusion or misunderstanding, we must keep this information proprietary for the time being.

If you check with us periodically for updates by replying to this message, and we will gladly inform you once your vehicle has been produced."

Whasaup with that????

It's weird some people on chat will tell you others will not, just hang up in the chat session and start a new conversation. I was told this week my TPW was march 10, 2014 on Chevrolet.com chat.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts

Whasaup with that????

It is quite silly, actually. A target is a target, not a guarantee. Of course targets may not be hit. People should understand that, and not get upset if the TPW gets missed for whatever reason. Given that, GM should openly share the TPWs. At least, this is the way I view it.

Oh, also I will add the following. Why are people having to ask GM directly? When dealers are really taking care of their customers, they keep the customers informed. When my wife bought her Cadillac, whenever the GM Workbench status changed any at all, my wife and I both received emails with images of the GM Workbench screen printouts. The sales manager at that dealership was fantastic.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
People should understand that, and not get upset if the TPW gets missed for whatever reason.
I wish that was true. But they don't understsnd, and raise hell. Look at some of the posts here. GM is tired of listening to it.

Also, I agree with going to the dealer. THERE IS NO REASON TO CALL GM AT ALL. The dealer can go to his computer and at any time give you the status code. You should make this part of the deal when you ink it with the sales manager.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I wish that was true. But they don't understsnd, and raise hell. Look at some of the posts here. GM is tired of listening to it.

Also, I agree with going to the dealer. THERE IS NO REASON TO CALL GM AT ALL. The dealer can go to his computer and at any time give you the status code. You should make this part of the deal when you ink it with the sales manager.
I couldn't agree more. Dealers are making anywhere from $7000 - $10000 profit on every C7 they are selling at this point and they need to step up and earn that money. But sadly, they won't. On a whole, unless you are working with a dealer who has committed to specializing in Corvettes and assigned specific people to the sales process you will get treated exactly like the Cruze customer who makes them about $500.

Chevy will never change but this model is one of the reasons the car is so relatively cheap so I guess we want our cake and eat it too........

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I will just add that in my wife's case, that was the first time we had special-ordered a car, and had no idea GM Workbench existed, let alone that we should make receiving updates from it as part of the deal before inking it. The sales manager took the initiative to send us updates as a normal part of doing business with us. That lady understands how to do business, and she is energetically willing to work for her money.

On the other hand, if people do not know to expect such service, then dealers can get lazy/act like they are too busy to take the 120 seconds required to print screen shots and email them out/etc...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I will just add that in my wife's case, that was the first time we had special-ordered a car, and had no idea GM Workbench existed, let alone that we should make receiving updates from it as part of the deal before inking it. The sales manager took the initiative to send us updates as a normal part of doing business with us. That lady understands how to do business, and she is energetically willing to work for her money.

On the other hand, if people do not know to expect such service, then dealers can get lazy/act like they are too busy to take the 120 seconds required to print screen shots and email them out/etc...
Yeah, a good salesman makes all the difference. Ken Fichtner, at Fichtner Chevy is the Corvette guy. He sent us emails at least weekly, along with PDF copies of the WorkBench document every time the status changed. He even sent us a copy when for some reason, our order went backwards from 3300 to 3000 for a week, not hiding the bad news. When I was buying one of the first '13 427 Convertibles from him, he even sent copies of emails between him and GM managers at the factory, when he was trying to find out how long the QC hold on the new special models would last (much like the initial C7s, the 427s had a lengthy hold to make sure all was right before shipping, 34 days in my case.). service like that can at least make the wait bearable, instead of infuriating.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: rdslon01
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.