Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I see there are SDHC and SDXC cards - it doesn't matter which to get? Is there a preference here?

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I don't think it matters. The real issue is if you get a card bigger than 32GB, you will have to use a third party conversation program to convert it to fat32. It is a Microsoft limitation. There is a whole separate thread on this issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased 32 GB SD cards and formatted them to FAT32 per the instructions in this thread. Inserted on into the slot by the glove box and the PDR responded with the hours available. So I take a drive with the recorder on and everything worked fine....except I can't play it anywhere. My computer shows a still picture of the start of the trip and a message that it doesn't recognize the extension(.raw). How can I play this card?

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Can you play it back in the car? I believe you have to download the software onto your computer from Cosworth.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This same thing happened to me and I could not play the resulting .raw file.
I do not think we need the cosworth program. I have a feeling I did not turn the pdr on correctly or allow it to finalize the video file properly. I am thinking it a me problem first off. I know about .raw still image files which are used a lot in pro photography but I was shocked to see that extension on a supposedly video file-Ergo me think si did something wrong somehow.
For you fellas who have gotten your cards to work and be recognized (mine was) how are you replaying your videos?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I either replay the video in the car from the PDR menu. Or I remove the card, plug into my laptop, and with the Cosworth software installed in my laptop, I replay using Cosworth software.

·
Registered
51 Posts
After using the PDR for 1540 minutes do you get a message that you are out of space? Can you then reuse that same card and writing over everything? Are you able to use the PDR as a Dash Cam during daily driving. Thanks JRC&Z06

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Yes and yes

·
Registered
633 Posts
Is this the bad-boy I need, that'll work right off-the-shelf? Sorry for the large image! lol

Impressive 300X UHS-I speeds for sequential shots and 3D video
Ideal for use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders
Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
Compliant - with the SD Card Association specification
Secure - built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Compatible - with SDHC & SDXC host devices (not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers; SDXC cards are not compatible with SDHC-enabled devices/readers)
File format - FAT32 (SDHC 16GB-32GB), exFAT (SDXC 64GB)

81EcNi1NHcL._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
873 Posts
Is this the bad-boy I need, that'll work right off-the-shelf? Sorry for the large image! lol

Impressive 300X UHS-I speeds for sequential shots and 3D video
Ideal for use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders
Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
Compliant - with the SD Card Association specification
Secure - built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Compatible - with SDHC & SDXC host devices (not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers; SDXC cards are not compatible with SDHC-enabled devices/readers)
File format - FAT32 (SDHC 16GB-32GB), exFAT (SDXC 64GB)

View attachment 24926
Yes, that will work great. However, you will have to find a shareware program to format the 64GB CARD into FAT32. Windows won't do that natively. See post #22 above.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes, that will work great. However, you will have to find a shareware program to format the 64GB CARD into FAT32. Windows won't do that natively. See post #22 above.
Even though it states FAT32 in file format? Thx

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
You can play a PDR file in Windows Media Player. Its an MP4 video file. Of course, you won't see any data. You need the Cosworth program to do that.

·
Registered
952 Posts
In the Owner's Manual on page 7-1 it says to use a FAT32 formatted SD card, Class 10 is preferred. There is nothing stating what the maximum size you can use so......you SHOULD know that besides class 10 designation there is also a SPEED designation expressed in MEGABYTES / SECOND...this is how fast the data will transfer and it ranges from 30 or so to 180 or so...for the PDR you would want to have the video transferred (recorded) as quickly as possible to avoid buffering when possible so faster speed is better...and costs more...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Even though it states FAT32 in file format? Thx
The SDHC standard, which windows follows, only goes up to 32GB, as listed in the specs for that card you showed. Windows will format a bigger card in ExFat, which the C7 can't read. Various third party disk utilities can format the 64GB card to Fat32. I used a freeware program called guiformat.exe to format a 64GB card for my Z06. I have checked it and it works, giving me a ridiculous amount of recording time, over 1500 minutes.

Reactions: GTB/ZR-1

·
Banned
141 Posts
One Helpful hint is when changing out your card always make sure the car is running when inserting the card. It may not read the card properly if installed to the car when shut down. GM is working on a fix for this.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You need the Cosworth program to do that.
Great, another layer of...confusion--for us non-techies lol

How/where does one acquire the Coswoth program--I thought the PDR would automatically record w/ the performance info overlaid on the video--no?

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Reactions: GTB/ZR-1

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm trying to format it in my Macbook Pro--and really have no clue what I'm doing lol

I downloaded this thinking it may help, but cannot seem to find anywhere to actually reformat: SD Formatter for Mac Download

Anyone have a Mac that can help?

Thx

·
Registered
633 Posts
^^^^

I gave up... Called one of my clients that's a computer techie (and fellow motorhead). He brought his laptop over & fixed me right up. He told me that FAT32 is an old, antiquated system that automatically eats up some of the capacity just running that. Old GM @ work? lol

21 - 40 of 77 Posts