Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good weekend everyone, Working on a good friends C7 LT1 Stingray convertible. while sitting here in the seat. here are the details..

5781018851.jpg

Will be installed a ProCharger kit P1X (spec has upgraded gear set, black satin finish, drain tube, race filter)
To then be adding in My Version of a mixed meth kit, AlkyControl/ProMeth, Rear mount tank, custom pump mount, dual Spray nozzle.

Gauge install in the Radio Cubby, where ill locate the Alky Controller also..

Texas Speed long tube headers, and x pipe kit,

THen to button it up with a Tune by NicD here in Arizona.

Talk soon.. more to come.. Get your Nitro Fix this weekend at a track near you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Phase 1, Gauge pod panel Prep and installing..

We went with the Innovate Motorsports MTX Analog 20 PSI Vacuum/Boost Gauge Kit.. For others that want best place an price for this i will give you link below..
Here are the details on the gauge .
The Innovate Motorsports MTX-A 20 PSI Vacuum/Boost Gauge is a great way to monitor the boost levels in your vehicle. This gauge reads up to 20 PSI, so it is perfect for mild street setups, and vehicles that will typically run pump gas for the majority of the time where boost can be limited.

This is a 2 1/16" gauge that comes with a 270° stepper motor. Additional features include a programmable warning indicator, as well as user selectable background lighting. The design features include a microprocessor to allow for the most accurate readings as possible. Plus there is an Innovate MTS serial in/out for logging purposes. Included with the MTX Analog Boost Gauge are both black and silver bezels for your personal preference. A serial program cable, a 4 bar MAP sensor, T-fitting, vacuum hose, zip ties, and finally a quick start installation guide. SPECIFICATIONS
Brand: Innovate Motorsports Gauge Backlight Color: White Gauge Face Color: Black Gauge Needle Color: Red Gauge Range: 25in.HG - 20 psi Gauge Sending Unit: Electrical Gauge Size: 2 1/16" Gauge Type: Boost/Vacuum Requires Control Unit: No Units: Imperial Mfgr. Warranty: Gauge: 1 Year Limited / Sensor: No Warranty Condition: New Product Return Policy: Standard

20190504_101029[1].jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 2.. Not sure if you have Heard.. MightyMouse Solutions, i did some digging, for a Smooth $20 bucks. was able to get his custom Gauge mount panel, fitted for the AlkyControls Controller, so we can mount this bad boy into the Compartment behind the Dropdown screen.

20190504_100940[1].jpg

Our version came bare, I filed the Mount bracket has some manufacturing high spots to smooth out..

20190504_100923[1].jpg

Wanted to use some Donated Carbon vinyl form BlueMedia here in AZ.

then install the Carbon, Clean cut it out, (used some Chemical Guys Clay lube.. sh.. vinyl secret sauce for install),

20190504_101744[1].jpg 20190504_102404[1].jpg
then mounted gauge..

20190504_102633[1].jpg

next to install the Controller Monday or Tuesday. .Due to The AlkyControl package shipping right now.

let me know your input..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was going to do a Brief ProMeth tank level sensor install and prep tonight, ran into a order issue,

Level sensor, missing the grommet to seal..
Dual spray line kit.. Missing Check valve, and nozzles..
Had to send them a email to get some items moving.. here are some pics of the hardware..
20190504_103636[1].jpg

20190504_185452[1].jpg

now holding on mr. Rodney.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.. update.. Still holding on ProMeth parts.. Contacted monday. said i would have in 2 days.. unfortantly called. they never shipped our parts..
Now promised next day air..

Pending..
Im also looking now to upgrade to a 40 micron fuel filter from XRP or Aero.. 4an to 4an.. an use a Y rather then the provided T..

Updates comin soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good after noon, with the holiday weekend was able to get started , the BO parts from ProMeth finally arrived.
Had built some lifting pucks for the car, placed her up on all 4's,
20190521_212843.jpg ,

IMG_0178.JPG landed in the shop,

Procharger kit arrived, IMG_0174.JPG

unit has upgraded gear set, drain tube, black satin finish,

Tear down starts, for ease of use removed hood, front facial cover, inner fender inserts, stock manifolds and pipe, lowering the cross member was a big step which was helpful for the header install..
20190522_210258.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THe Box from Julio arrived at alkycontrols. mounted and epoxy'd the controller into the MightMouse Solutions panel..

IMG_0189.JPG

Removed the Factory shrouds, lower panels, manifold, x pipe, an needed parts,
20190525_184440.jpg

Lots of people talk smack about Texas Speed and Per. Headers.. I must say i am very impressed.. i would say install issues come down to the installer. 90% time..
While doing the pro charger have the k-member down 1 " , only had to remove the heat shroud on started, was able to slide headers in an out with ease.
I assembled the entire header/new x pipe, and senors all loose then tighten from engine bay to rear, No pipes rub, touch, or out of alignment,,
dressed up with there addons,, MSD wires, Heat shielding, and ARP bolts..

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

20190527_130538.jpg

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
Looking good. You might want to consider a heat shield between the pipe and oil cooler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next was the procharger install.. with no help.. hardest part was holding the Steering rack an motor up to install the new pulley and hardware,
20190523_211124.jpg ,
with this then to prep the charger , oil, alignment, mount to plate, rig to the engine.. boy.. dont be scared.. this is tight an snug.. no room for fluff.. next to the abs module there is a sheet of paper to spare..
XLWP1834.JPG

next step is all the vacuum lines, (had to custom mine up a bit, wanted more hidden, as well need line for 1- blow off valve, 1- alky controls module., 1- boost gauge.. sounds fun right..
I was able to tuck the modules in the hole under drivers fender towards frame rail, an route vacuum lines, and wiring.. as needed..

The tubes ,, you must custom cut an plump to fit,
IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

THe meth spray setup i had to go a bit custom,, Julios stuff is awesome.. but the brass fittings for me are a turn off.. i went an changed over to black an fittings and hardware..
I made a custom stainless brace for the inlet tube, also made NPT inserts into the Procharger tubing to except this..
Ran a dual setup.. to a Black an Y. with the check valve.. I am also running the line outside the engine bay,, will share images later of this.. will be outside the firewall, between bumber cover, and inner fender routing to the trunk..

I also am not a fan of the brass filter chunk.. i have updated to a XRP 40 micron cleanable inline 4an filter assembly.,,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
List of where im at..
Finish the wiring for controllers and gauge panel(behind the drop down screen),
Install tank and pump,
(on order Mighty mouse catch can),, the plumbing setup from procharger is kinda a joke.. i recommend the MMS parts..
While wheels of some new rubber,
Then a trip to the tuners..

More pics to come.. thanks for following

·
Registered
371 Posts
NicD tuned a H/C GTO for me about 12 years ago.

I had to put 1/4" spacers on the first few fasteners/holes on their supplied tunnel plate where the primaries come down up front when I installed my TSP headers. Not a big deal at all, but they both rattled off the plate/rubbed without the spacers.

What wire insulators are those please?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NicD tuned a H/C GTO for me about 12 years ago.

I had to put 1/4" spacers on the first few fasteners/holes on their supplied tunnel plate where the primaries come down up front when I installed my TSP headers. Not a big deal at all, but they both rattled off the plate/rubbed without the spacers.

What wire insulators are those please?
Texas speed offers them boss.. :) they were back ordered.. an came back in stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a few updates..
Wiring is done.. Mounted the Main Alky box and hardware in trunk. mounted the Controller being the screen in the might mouse panel ,

20190602_152642.jpg

Made a custom mount to install the pump in drivers rear fender well under the tank install area.. (tip) pre drill needed tank parts. install pump, then tank. :)

20190602_082355.jpg
Tank installed- installed the Float, wiring, and routed pump wiring under as well.. add on to tank.. i used epoxy over the 2 allens after sealing for extra safety.
20190602_084735.jpg

Upgraded to the XRP 4an 40 micron cleanable fuel filter, safe for 100% methanol, routed line up in fender well, down rocker, and then in the front inner fender, across the front bumber(between crush and metal), then in from the factory air box..
this keeps out of compartment. no need to go over the radiator..
20190602_092527.jpg

primed system, leak checked. and ready to tune..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have the Mightymouse catch can in route.. and just sent out to have tires upgrade.. tune date set for the 26th with Nicd at Cordes Performane will have some more pics later on :) 20190602_171429.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update
Last night met with NicD at Cordes Performance for dyno time..

Ran unit on single nozzle, all setup and complete..

Stock runs on this motor are HP 451 Torque 512 at peak, with the upgrades unit is at HP 567.34 Torque at 512.59 at peak bending on dyno calibrations etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts