Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fortunate in that the relatively few times I have had to have a tow (not of my Stingray) and my respective car could not be driven on the flat bed, the tow truck operator knew exactly where to place the proper hooks without doing any damage. In fact in a number of my more challenging cars for towing I carried a graphic in the car showing the preferred/correct attachment points. While I know GM recommends using attachment points on the Stingray subframes, it would be great if someone could find a graphic with those clearly indicated. Then we could print a copy and keep it in the glove compartment just in case. Anyone have access to such a picture? :cool:

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chip. That certainly is a very cool flatbed set up. Wish they had shown where they attached their pull hooks.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience is that knowledgeable tow truck operators do not want to risk using the tow hook and prefer multiple correctly placed hooks (like the one seen in the video you put up). I am still hoping one of our members will be able to provide a graphic with the proper tow hook points.

Reactions: Tom0021 and elegant

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I know this is an old thread but did anyone ever come up with a drawing or pictures of where the hooks should be placed? Also from the video I don't see what this bridle looks like nor the 4x4 to protect the front.

Is the consensus to use the jack points between the front and rear tires?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I know this is an old thread but did anyone ever come up with a drawing or pictures of where the hooks should be placed? Also from the video I don't see what this bridle looks like nor the 4x4 to protect the front.

Is the consensus to use the jack points between the front and rear tires?
From the link Zymurgy posted above:

3) The consensus it to use T-hooks inserted into the frame slots (i.e., jack point spots) behind the front wheels. Recommendation is not to place a strap around the control arms or any other aluminum casting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts