Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have decided to purchase a 2014 Stingray 1LT preferably, I put in a request to the Costco program and got a call 5 minutes later with the Rep saying he's going to look for one for me. No pricing info has been brought up, but previous 2 car purchases in my family were from the Costco program, and we got a Murano and 09 Mustang pretty close to invoice.

I also drive a RS V6 Camaro now, that will be used for my everyday driver purchased from the Singh Chevy dealer in Riverside area in Sept. 09.

I'm looking for a Torch Red with Red or Black interior.

My question to you guys is you think Costco program is worth it? or do any of you have any Dealerships to recommend?

Im in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please keep us informed on the CostCo experience for a Stingray purchase. I used USAA (insurance) for a referral, and only one dealership would provide an actual price, George Chevrolet in Lakewood. I put in my order and paid my deposit on 9/21, but it has not been picked up for production, which is discouraging. My sales person, Betty, emailed me that all new orders will be $3K over MSRP.

I noted a car that closely matched my order at Rydell in Northridge, so I contacted them to see if it was still available. They replied the car was sold, but that they were taking orders at MSRP, $2500 deposit, 16-20 weeks ETA.

If you really want a chance at getting a car sooner than later, look into one of the sponsoring dealers and request a courtesy delivery in Los Angeles. Two or three of the big Corvette dealers have inventory on hand, and at least one was offering $3K below sticker for non-Z51's this weekend.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's unfortunate that Socal dealers are really gouging on the price. Has anyone actually done a courtesy delivery before? I've heard they aren't very friendly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Panera - I don't know about courtesy delivery, but I do remember the old Champion Chevrolet in Manhattan Beach told me that they give priority in all service queues to customers who bought their car from them. They are no longer in business.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I used USAA and got mine at MSRP the next day! I was going to build mine, but the one I got came in on the truck the night before and I loved it so it went home with me! It is the Premier edition, 3LT Z51

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
You should check directly with USAA and Costco. When I checked before production began, USAA said the C7 qualified and Costco did not have participating dealers. After production began USAA did not offer its $750 discount on the C7. I don't know if that is still true, however Amanda415 posted she used USAA and bought at MSRP which implies no USAA discount was allowed. In the past I have used Costco for another car and got a good deal, better than most, but still was able to get a further discount at the participating dealer. Bottom line, check first with the providers then see which if any dealers are honoring/participating in the deal.:cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Forgive the direct question but 'why would Chevy or any C7 dealer participate in discount program?' Discounting, rebates, subsidized interest rates, buying services, etc. are all geared to driving interest and commitment when it doesn't otherwise exist. For the present, Chevy marketing certainly doesn't seem have that problem.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Forgive the direct question but 'why would Chevy or any C7 dealer participate in discount program?' Discounting, rebates, subsidized interest rates, buying services, etc. are all geared to driving interest and commitment when it doesn't otherwise exist. For the present, Chevy marketing certainly doesn't seem have that problem.
Because when they participate in the USAA program I believe USAA has negotiated the deal as does Costco on the premise that they drive additional business to the dealership. That is also why most are not participating at this point since they have more than enough traffic.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
No matter who's program is out there, a hot car 99% of the time is not included. Why? Because Chevy has to kick in money to offer the program. Why do it when the car is hot? Chev needs to save this money for when the DOW takes a 250 point correction and everyone puts off big ticket lux items - or the car just turns cold on it's own. This is s a 7 year long dist race, not a sprint....One or the other will happen sometime....Profit to the GM coffers involves 3 revenue streams (or outgoes):

1. How much can I make off the margin charged to dealers for the car?
2. What's the amount that my warranty dept will have to pay during the warr period? (what killed Fiat in the 70's)
3. What's the amount I'm gonna have to give back to the dealers in terms of incentives/sales support to keep the product moving thru the pipeline?

It's all a big crap shoot and managed by some very heavy sheldon big brain types...and sometimes they still miss..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used USAA and got mine at MSRP the next day! I was going to build mine, but the one I got came in on the truck the night before and I loved it so it went home with me! It is the Premier edition, 3LT Z51
I had the same experience when I went into the dealership the day before yesterday. My intentions were to sit in a C7 with the intentions of ordering one. The dealer just unwrapped this Premier edition 3LT Z51 that came off the truck and drove it around in front of the showroom. I was the first one to sit in it and I was hooked. It is in my garage tonight and the whole experience seems surreal. My car is 397 out of 500. I also have USAA and I got it for MSRP. I think I am still in shock. This whole experience seems like a dream come true. Life does have some strange twists.

·
Registered
47 Posts
#3 here to get a Premiere edition (#362) through USAA for MSRP! My only other brag, this was in Los Angeles. If you see a Blue premiere driving along with the windows up, honk, ask me to roll down the window, and I will tell you my dealer (not posted here out of respect to those who pay advertising to keep this site running).

Eric

P.S. I received another email half an hour too late from another local dealer willing to do MSRP on a Premiere. It would be worth looking at websites to find one that lists the "Internet Price" the same as MSRP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys sorry for the lag! so their is no "discount" going through the costco program, basically its just leading you to a dealership, and the dealership it sent me to was a dealer (dont know if i can say the names),the guy said "there is no discount and they would just help my find one" so then i thought about ordering and asked him like an hour ago today, and i asked what would the lead time be he said 4-6 weeks, which is alright, then i asked what about MSRP price. he said "no we are charging 12-15k on top of MSRP, im like dude i just want a LT1 base pkg hes like i can talk to my manager and maybe drop it down to 9, yeah.... im not paying 9k over msrp let alone anything above it even if i do order my car. I called another dealer about 90 miles away from me and theyr selling cars AT MSRP, so costco was a fallout, gotta find another source or so.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Kerbeck has 6 or 7 1LT's either in stock or on the way. I'm sure the 3 other large Internet dealers have some too. If you want one now and with a $2000 DISCOUNT then ignore your local dealers and start making some phone calls.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats 397! We just bought 473. I have a question, did yours have the carbon fibre roof or the transparent? Also, the stingray sills and floor mats and wheel center caps?. Ours had the substitute parts and the dealer called Chevrolet and they are sending the correct ones. With the constraints they apparently substituted to finish them and deal with the issue later. I noted several across the country that were like this in the Premier edition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So guys I bought one!!!! A red/red 2LT with navi, GM performance exhaust exhaust, and spoiler, my top isn't the see through panel sadly, but I'm still happy unless someone wants to trade lol

Bought it from Community chevy in Burbank, sticker was 63K out the door was 71, took a lot of fighting to bring
Them down to msrp
Anyways here are the pics! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388189478.501549.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388189491.800857.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388189500.684047.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388189510.550378.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388189519.834687.jpg

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Congratulations haboc! Looks stunning. Enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in Bakersfield (Central CA) and I also ordered an AW 1LT. I was concerned with courtesy delivery through out of state dealers as well, so I ordered from Tim Boon at Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City. The process went fairly well. Because it is a non-Z51, my order was built almost immediately. (ordered Oct. 14, and built on Nov. 4). I rented a one way car to Redwood city with my wife and we drove the car back home (250 miles away). You might want to look into that. I have also sinced found out that the chevy dealer here in Bakersfield (3 way Chevrolet) also is selling for MSRP. This is closer to you if you are concerned about the distance. However, I have no experience with 3 way Chevrolet and cannot comment on their services.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts