Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It means all the parts needed to build the car are in the JIT logistics funnel and they have a slot assigned to build the car. My guess is you are probably about 1 to 2 weeks away from being built.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been "Queued for Production" for one week now. Called dealer today and he said build date is March 31.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've been "Queued for Production" for one week now. Called dealer today and he said build date is March 31.
I was just queued for production while I don't have a TPW yet I am expecting week of 3/31 also. Dealer tells me to expect delivery in early April.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm in a similar situation as Tom and trout, wow that's an earlier build date than I expected. I guess they are gonna have to hold onto it until my NCM delivery I am arranging for end of May. The excitement has been building daily. I guess this must be what waiting to have a kid feels like, except I've been waiting for years, not 9 months. Still haven't completed the nursery for when we take her home! Need to order Race Deck flooring, new lighting, paint the walls, new insulated garage doors and openers, so much to do and so little time!

·
18,670 Posts
GM Production Status Codes:

3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)

Que'd for production means that GM is about to actually out it into production, that they have identified every one thousands of parts for your car, not found any wanting, and about to start its production soon. Of course, we do not know whether soon is this week, or the next few weeks. GM will take all the vehicles in that "que," then batch them together for most efficient assembly. They will batch them by color and also insure that some models, or some options, that require extra assembly time to install, are not run back-to-back, fifteen in a row, etc.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Tks elegant. Would be nice to be notified by them when your status code changes, like when Amazon emails you delivery updates. It seems that Terrell on the other thread is laying low.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Tks elegant. Would be nice to be notified by them when your status code changes, like when Amazon emails you delivery updates. It seems that Terrell on the other thread is laying low.
Your updates should come from your dealership's sales department. When my wife ordered her GM car (Cadillac), the sales manager would capture images of her GM Workbench screen and email copies to my wife and me. The sales manager would do this every time the status changed, a few times even more than once per day. The information contained there was so much more than you get from other sources. For example, from other sources you get just one number, your latest. With printouts of the GM Workbench you get the whole history of every status change which happened, along with date/time stamps down to the second of when that status code changed in the system.

You are paying your dealership a markup to MSRP along with holdback (I am guessing at least $5 to $8 k depending on your options chosen). Think of exactly how much work they are doing during this entire sale which is dedicated to you. How many total hours are they spending on one StingRay customer per sale? My bet is that it is anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours on average. The $/hour they are making is staggering. Keeping you informed with at least a weekly status update is the least your dealership's sales department should do!

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Rodney, Glen E and others on this forum have nailed it, that your StingRay order will be making your dealership thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars profit! The days of us accepting a price, and the having our dealership ignore us until the car is delivered to them are over IF you make it crystal clear to your dealership that you will not be treated that way. You might take and print Rodney's first paragraph above and bring it with you to your dealership, and ask politely, but very firmly, for similar treatment.

Remind them of one thing we all have going for us, and that is the GM Customer Satisfaction Survey that GM will be mailing to each of us, asking us how we felt about the delivery experience. I remind my salesperson, that I really want to give them the highest possible rating when I get that form (usually 30-60 days after I pick up my vehicle), that I will be filling out that form based on not just how I was treated from the minute my vehicle arrived at their dealership, but starting right now, and highly factoring in how well they consistently kept me updated on every one of my vehicles status changes between now and my vehicles arrival at their dealership.

Our ChevroletCustomerCare colleagues, though our tracking thread, do not have one ounce more info that your dealership has. They are here to help, and we so appreciate their assistance, but it is your dealership's responsibility to do this. Can't say this strongly enough: Hold your dealership accountable to keep you systematically informed throughout the entire purchase-signature to delivery process.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
John, I might add just one more point. When my wife ordered her car, that was the first time either of us had done so. Previous purchases were out of stock on the lots. We didn't know anything about GM Workbench, or status codes. The sales manager helped educate us. She did it as a part of her job, which she really enjoys. It seemed like she enjoyed giving us the updates as much as we enjoyed receiving them. At the time, we had no basis of comparison, so we didn't fully realize how fantastic she is.

My point in this post is that there are sales departments out there which do this by default for everyone, even when the customer doesn't ask. Therefore, customers should not feel like they are asking for a huge favor. Other dealerships do this by default for EVERYONE with a special order, even on cars less expensive than the StingRay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great comments all and the dealerships push so hard at the last regarding the customer satisfaction survey. It truly is the only leverage you have as a customer. It's taken very seriously by GM and by us as well. Your salesman should be happy to inform you of the progress. If not, you're dealing with the wrong people.
This forum is the best of all of the car forums I've bee a part of. Thanks Elegant and all the senior guys. You've also made me an educated consumer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts