Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow board members. As you can tell from my post count, I'm a newbie here. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and hope to be ordering my dream car within the next few months. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is this something that can only be done via a stateside dealership? Or can it be accomplished online? I can't even download a brochure from the GM website (only 2013 models).

Words can't describe the morale booster I experienced when I first laid eyes on this new Vette. It kind of gives me something to think about other than the mortars going off, the sand/dust storms, the austere living and working conditions, etc...

I'm so envious of those of you who'll be taking delivery these next coming months. Until I get back stateside and get my own Stingray, please allow me to live vicariously through y'all. :cool:

Thanks in advance for any pointers from you "seasoned" imminent owners.

Clarkster

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Clarkster, I think you will find that you need to contact a Chevy Dealer that has an allotment for the new C-7's. Not all Chevy Dealers are going to receive cars for this launch of the C-7. If you look around the web you might find a dealer with unsold vehicles.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
POYFICT! Muchas gracias Sinner.

Clarkster, I think you will find that you need to contact a Chevy Dealer that has an allotment for the new C-7's. Not all Chevy Dealers are going to receive cars for this launch of the C-7. If you look around the web you might find a dealer with unsold vehicles.
Great tips Chipster...appreciate it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey Clark. It might help to know where you will live/buy the car in the US. For now, here's the name and number of a member/dealer in Texas, I believe. Rick Conti CELL/TEXT 740-739-8377. My dealer in Florida has an allocation of 60 units, I believe. That's Jon Hall Chevy. In New Jersey, Kerbeck is huge.

Reactions: Clarkster

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Clark. It might help to know where you will live/buy the car in the US. For now, here's the name and number of a member/dealer in Texas, I believe. Rick Conti CELL/TEXT 740-739-8377. My dealer in Florida has an allocation of 60 units, I believe. That's Jon Hall Chevy. In New Jersey, Kerbeck is huge.
Thanks a bunch, Georgio! Yes, I will be living in Killeen/Fort Hood, TX (central Texas). I believe Rick Conti is out of Ohio but does a lot of business in Texas as well. I'll probably opt for taking delivery from the plant in Bowling Green and driving back to Texas - don't quite know yet. Not sure if one can do the plant thing thrugh any dealership...I hope to find that out. I'm hearing that there is about a 6-9 month wait after ordering. If so, it mmight behoove me to get my order in now. I'm just thankful I found this site and see so many of you guys offering friendly advice. Thanks again, Brother!

·
18,669 Posts
Yes, Clarkster, you can do Museum Delivery through every dealer, but please note that, as been said by others before, not every dealer has an allocation for the StingRay, so you need to confirm that the dealer you are talking with has an allocation for the 2014's first, and, then where you stand in that nine-month dealer's allocation list . E.g. "A dealer says to you that he has an allocation of, for example, for 24 coupes (coupes and convertibles have different allocations) and that you'd be 16 on their list."

Knowing that you can ROUGHLY estimate when you might get your car. The main forum dealers have lots of allocation, are selling at list price, and will gladly tell you where you would be on their allocation list. Conversely, if a dealer doesn't look your straight in the eye and, without hesitation, gladly tell you his exact allocation and where you would be on his list, I recommend your walking away at top speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts