Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I have a TPW of July 21st. My dealer told me not to be surprised if it bumps to an earlier date as this could happen in the summer months. Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? He stated its a longshot, but indeed a possibility.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a TPW week of 6/16 and my car was produced the week before. Did the Buyers Tour and was told the have ramped up production with a target of 180 cars a day. I think they added an additional hour to the shift. However, my car is still waiting to be shipped - 4B00.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, that's great news! I guess there is some hope. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
18,670 Posts
I had a TPW week of 6/16 and my car was produced the week before. Did the Buyers Tour and was told the have ramped up production with a target of 180 cars a day. I think they added an additional hour to the shift. However, my car is still waiting to be shipped - 4B00.
They just did (June 1st) ramp up production to 170 StingRays per day. (Your guide was a little off.). Great question, and the supposition that the increased recent production rate moved up TPW's assigned before that date is a really good possible explanation.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
They just did (June 1st) ramp up production to 170 StingRays per day. (Your guide was a little off.). Great question, and the supposition that the increased recent production rate moved up TPW's assigned before that date is a really good possible explanation.
Actually John, there's a number of boards on the line that track production. The first number on the board is the daily target. On 6/12 the number was 180 and at 10:00 they were -3 meaning they were behind 3 cars from plan.

They are doing this by running 10 hour days.

I know Harlan said 170 but they are pushing the production.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: usafjay1976

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news! Can't wait. I'll let everyone know if my TPW pushes to the left. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
My TPW is 7/14 sure would be nice if it got bumped up a bit.

Anxious in Illinois

1 - 8 of 8 Posts