Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Well as luck would have it, they sent the wrong grill. Waiting to hear from them now. SMH
As I posted earlier, both dealers I called each had a different take on the GM part # I was looking for. One said the grill came with camera's, installed on the grill the other said it didn't. it would be extra cost. Both internet vendors I contacted, Trunk Monkey and RPI design's each say the grill has camera's installed at a lower price then dealers..

UPDATE..5/19/18. Frustrated with the dealer parts dept. at both places not able to give me a definitive answer as to the camera's, I ended up buying that black ABS overlay kit from RPI. at 1/5th the cost of a replacement Z06 grill. End result..Looks great and a 5 minute install.. Actually looks much better then I first envisioned. I'm 100% happy with the results..
New look reminds me of the day dentist took the braces off my kids teeth. Car has same beautiful smile but now with that ugly strip of chrome gone, its far more beautiful and it still looks like a Stingray...
joe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the concern guys. So after numerous phone calls to multiple dealers, I think I now have the correct part coming. I'll post the part number once it gets here, I don't want to pass on misinformation again. I will say, I'm surprised by the lack of knowledge when it comes to the parts department and GM codes, like the code for carbon fiber flash paint apposed to the black metallic, cameras no cameras. So that being said, it should be here in a few days. Fortunately for me, my wife and daughter, we'll be on a cruise next week(25 years of BLISSFUL marriage). So once I get back, I'm hoping to have a package for me and a call from BPR that there ready to do my car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is beginning to be unbelievable, once again the wrong grill showed up..... Someone out here must have ordered this and has the correct part #. Please share.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to buy the version of the Z06 grill with cameras when I replaced my Stingray version. The connections for the cameras are the same, so there is nothing special to do there.
Could you please post the part # and where you purchased it from?

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is what it was in summer 2016, but its changed since then I believe.

23390856 2015 2016 C7 CORVETTE GENUINE GM C7 Z06 GRILLE CARBON FLASH WITH FRONT CAMERAS

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is what it was in summer 2016, but its changed since then I believe.

23390856 2015 2016 C7 CORVETTE GENUINE GM C7 Z06 GRILLE CARBON FLASH WITH FRONT CAMERAS
Thanks for the reply, I believe your correct about the change. Dropped the car off at BPR today and was assured that they will make it work.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts