Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2015 coupe (base) this morning from a dealer here in Las Vegas. They are adding $3500 over MSRP for base, and $7500 over for Z51. For those of you that have ordered a 2015, what has been your experience with dealer markups? Is there any hope of reducing it? Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Order from one of the big Vette dealers that are offering discounts.. supplier, credit union, military and do a courtesy delivery to your area.. Save a boatload of $$$$

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes, order from back east dealers for msrp

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my 2015 Z51 Coupe from local dealer in NJ at MSRP less any available discounts at the time of delivery. Try to get the promised pricing in writing before you throw down $$$ on your deposit.

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
Brett, welcome to our forum! What dealer did you order from in Vegas?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Findlay Chevrolet on Torrey Pines

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Brett, tell Findlay, "Thanks but no thanks" and start shopping. The market doesn't warrant MSRP+ anymore, it hasn't for about the last 4 months.

Reactions: regguy1

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My experience is consistent with other post. Pick a dealer back east and make a vacation out of buying it. East of the Mississippi is more friendly to buyers. Fly in and drive home. From??? or maybe the Museum. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brett, tell Findlay, "Thanks but no thanks" and start shopping. The market doesn't warrant MSRP+ anymore, it hasn't for about the last 4 months.
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Reactions: LT1xL82

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Mac Mulkin has advertised on this forum for 3K UNDER msrp for a base stingray......I would call Tommy Jr.

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
Ordered a 15 ZF1 here in SoCal for Supplier, it is a huge savings. Could of ordered a Z51 if I wanted. I am at event code 2000 last I checked, have e-mail from dealer (supplier accepted). Order only with deposit.

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
Mac Mulkin has advertised on this forum for 3K UNDER msrp for a base stingray......I would call Tommy Jr.
I am pretty sure that was for their current 2014s on the lot.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
For those of you looking at this and not the other threads..

1 - absolutely right, no MSRP markups needed now - as noted by Mark and Jeff

2 - use one of the big dealers that are supporting this Forum and will honor 'supplier' pricing. Not only is it not a markup, but it is a significant discount. ANYONE who has an account at a credit union can get supplier pricing, so it is not special re: you have to work with a Chevy supplier to get 'supplier' pricing. Look for other threads on that for details.

Courtesy Delivery is having a local dealer allow you to accept the car at their dealership even though you ordered it from a bigger East dealer. That is a great option if you don't want to have a road trip to pick your car up. Either option is good. Not all dealerships will do Courtesy Delivery, but it only costs $300 - $500 if you find a dealer that will do it for you.

We are saving about $7K with the supplier pricing using one of those big Forum dealers and having the car delivered to a local dealer (where we will have it serviced thru its life) for only $300.

Cheers!

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Reactions: bjhayes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Even in Canada where we get a small % of C7s, my dealer has been very honest and straight forward and they have not marked up the MSRP on my '15 order. Estimated delivery time is 5 months from the date I left my deposit to the date they expect to receive the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Findlay Chevrolet on Torrey Pines
Bret, I have dealt with the service department at Findley and so far they have been courteous and seemed to fine in that regard. I've also browsed the vet selection when there and they have some crazy dealer markups!! The same is true with Ed Bozarth on markups. I think it has a lot to do with the "Vegas" thing. As advised, look to the dealers mentioned here.

Kurt

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered a 2015 coupe (base) this morning from a dealer here in Las Vegas. They are adding $3500 over MSRP for base, and $7500 over for Z51. For those of you that have ordered a 2015, what has been your experience with dealer markups? Is there any hope of reducing it? Thanks!
Ordered mine in June. Built 8/13. Virginia order at about 4% off MSRP. 3LT and Z51.

Definitely shop around. Should be much easier to find a base coupe for less.

Good Luck! But yes come EAST!

·
Registered
392 Posts
No reason to pay MSRP or above with dealers raking you over the coals with "market adjustments".

Plenty of dealers willing to sell at Supplier Pricing, like my home dealership here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls.

If you're a GM Supplier or Credit Union member, PM me and I'll give you my buddy's number.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts