Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Question for Stingray owners with the base seats...

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Jims-c7 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new Stingray and I've recently been able to sit in the drivers seat of two 2014s, both with the base seat. I've come away with the sinking feeling that the fit (for me: 6'1'', 202lbs) might be a deal breaker. There were two things that bothered be: 1) I couldn't seem to lower the seat enough to get a comfortable amount of headroom, & 2) I could feel 2 pressure points on the sides of my legs where the support 'wings' fold in on the seat bottom. I understand that this snugness is part of the design intended to provided support during lateral g
s but I was feeling a low level of discomfort from the pressure points with no g load and I'm worried that this will drive me crazy during intended use: daily driver & road trips. I think I could learn to live with the headroom issue.

Anybody else experiencing this daily driver comfort issue?

Any comments or suggestions? I'd like to think that I could just lose a few pounds but I don't have much fat on my legs.

#3 ·
6ft 1... hate to say this but 260lbs a little snug but I read on here the best way to adjust the seat and I'm perfectly happy and comfortable with plenty of head room. I traded in a 2013 Audi S5 with more room but horrible seats for this car. It will take you more than just sitting in one for a couple of mins to find that perfect spot but when you do it like sitting on a old couch! the seats have the right amount of cushion and give to feel just right!

#4 ·
Im 6'3" @ 227. Im a bodybuilder so I'm a pretty big 227 and I fit no problem! I took some advice I found on this forum on adjusting the seat a certain way and since then I've been good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

#11 ·
Barry, after I did the seat adjustment procedure all is perfect. 6'4" 190. Plenty of head room.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#9 ·
You guys are all too big....
5'6", 155lbs. here.... and these seats are COMFY!!!:p
I may not even need the phone book anymore!!:eek::eek::eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.