Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone told me that a vendor sells a black piece that will fit over the chrome grille piece;does anyone know of this? thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just painted mine yesterday-there's a Rustoleum black-metallic that is so close to the Chevy carbon flash metalic you can't tell the difference on the chrome piece. I'm ordering all the other badging professionally painted but it'll be 3-4 weeks and I couldn't wait. Looks good though! See if it holds up.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I just painted mine yesterday-there's a Rustoleum black-metallic that is so close to the Chevy carbon flash metalic you can't tell the difference on the chrome piece. I'm ordering all the other badging professionally painted but it'll be 3-4 weeks and I couldn't wait. Looks good though! See if it holds up.
did you scuff the surface with 400-600 grit paper? and primer?

otherwise, its' coming off with some rock hits...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered the carbon fiber overlay from Concept 7 on 5/16. Looking to get in in about 2 more weeks. Will post pics once it's on.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
418 Posts
Probably should have-I'm sure that will be my next step if I start getting a bunch of chips-thanks Glen!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Probably should have-I'm sure that will be my next step if I start getting a bunch of chips-thanks Glen!

Even done the right way, it can chip , mine needs a few touch ups, vinyl in my opin is the best way....I may go back to it....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not released until Z06 hits..this is one of 2 that got out early somehow. It looks great and bolts right in. OEM

Cam
I was going to make a change on mine when it get here. Now that I know the Z06 looks and fits this good...This is for me. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts