Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok techies, here one I can't figure out

I want to listen to the 7 albums of Steely Dan I have on my iPod Classic wired behind the up/down screen port.

So using the wheel controls I choose browse, artist, steely and then the albums pop up

But there is no "play all"- it forces me to choose one album.

I could create a playlist on the iPod but that's cumbersome....any ideas on how I can play and shuffle all Steely songs?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I created a playlist for Zeppelin and loaded them in randomly it contains songs from several different albums. I don't have to shuffle them then. I can use voice commands to change from playlist to playlist. Just make sure your playlists titles are not similar or the system gets confused. Creating playlists can be cumbersome at first, but when it's done it's done unless you add additional songs. The iTunes interface isn't that bad. I have over 20,000 songs in mine residing on a 1 TB external HD. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I created a playlist for Zeppelin and loaded them in randomly it contains songs from several different albums. I don't have to shuffle them then. I can use voice commands to change from playlist to playlist. Just make sure your playlists titles are not similar or the system gets confused. Creating playlists can be cumbersome at first, but when it's done it's done unless you add additional songs. The iTunes interface isn't that bad. I have over 20,000 songs in mine residing on a 1 TB external HD. Hope this helps.
thanks but as I said above, I knew I could do that.....but it does not help at 70 mph when I just want to hear all the stuff on my 10,000 song ipod from one artist....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just curious, and believe me I'm no techie by any stretch of the imagination. Is there anyway to download onto an internal hard drive, therefore storing music in GM's infotainment system. I've been told other manufacturers have this capability. Also, I've seen allot of complaints on the new Infotainment/Navigational system, but is part of it that allot of people haven't figured out how to use it entirely?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I have over 20,000 songs in mine residing on a 1 TB external HD. Hope this helps.
Do you keep this HD in the center console storage area or behind the display in the dash storage area?

No problems with high temperatures?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
no hard drive on the c7....
Q) Does Chevrolet MyLink save all the songs to its hard drive?
A) No, Chevrolet MyLink only allows you to access music through your connected or Bluetooth-paired device. The system has built-in memory, but not a hard drive. The integrated memory is used to store the list of the songs on your connected device. This way, the system will remember the list every time you connect that device. http://www.chevrolet.com/mylink-radio.html under Frequently Asked Questions - USB Connectivity

So, there's no hard drive, but there apparently is RAM available for recording of song lists, and for using the "TimeShift Radio" feature.

FYI - most of the time that I'm out driving, I have the radio turned off. The natural music that the car makes hasn't gotten old yet!

Reactions: tmcternan

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm no techie but here's what I do when I want to hear all songs from an artist that I have multiple albums from on my media device(s).
I choose browse, artist, (select the artist) then there's a choice of "all songs" followed by the different album titles.
I can then choose "all songs" and they will play in alphabetical order OR I can choose to play a single album and the songs will play in the order on the album.
If I choose "all songs", when I browse from there, the songs will be listed in alpha order too. I haven't tried to shuffle the list of "all songs". :)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm no techie but here's what I do when I want to hear all songs from an artist that I have multiple albums from on my media device(s).
I choose browse, artist, (select the artist) then there's a choice of "all songs" followed by the different album titles.
I can then choose "all songs" and they will play in alphabetical order OR I can choose to play a single album and the songs will play in the order on the album.
If I choose "all songs", when I browse from there, the songs will be listed in alpha order too. I haven't tried to shuffle the list of "all songs". :)
Yeah, I don't have an "all songs" option...just a listing of the albums.....but it is there on the iPod itself....a quick look in the apple support forums notes this is a problem on certain software updates/versions.....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SPECIAL thanks to "Sallye" for offering up a solution after thinking about it..

for some reason you cannot choose "browse artists" on the steering wheel and get an "all songs" selection when the albums come up.......

but you can get an "all songs" when you choose it on the display.....

works great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts