Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already we are getting lot of great questions about 2015 options! Here's one about what is "WA8": Clear Protective Film raised by "whitting63."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...4451-2015-wa8-decal-kit-clear-protective.html

We are still looking for an answer to what exactly is WA8, how much coverage it includes, etc.

Last few days we had a great discussion about whether, for a 2015 1LT and 2LT, if you got the navigation system (used to be a $795 '14 option), you must you get the PDR (the two systems are always, integrally tied together). Learned from "[email protected]," that the two are always combined, with an estimated $1995 total "I06" option price.

Any questions about 2015 options, feel free to post here.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Already we are getting lot of great questions about 2015 options! Here's one about what is "WA8": Clear Protective Film raised by "whitting63."

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...4451-2015-wa8-decal-kit-clear-protective.html

We are still looking for an answer to what exactly is WA8, how much coverage it includes, etc.

Last few days we had a great discussion about whether, for a 2015 1LT and 2LT, if you got the navigation system (used to be a $795 '14 option), you must you get the PDR (the two systems are always, integrally tied together). Learned from "[email protected]," that the two are always combined, with an estimated $1995 total "I06" option price.

So to be clear, navigation is no longer available as a stand alone option at any cost? If so that would be disappointing, I'm not personally interested in PDR but I do want navigation.

The ordering guide says;

IO6 Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation, 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; Pandora, TuneIn radio, Stitcher and Siri Eyes Free for compatible smartphones

UQT NEW! Performance data and video recorder
1 - Included and only available with (IO6) Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation.

That wording is confusing, ambiguous and vague. Is it definitively known that IO6 will only be optionable with UQT?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Yes, you can get navigation if you choose the IO6 option. It comes packaged with the PDR in the UQT package. You either get them both, or you get neither.

Reactions: FCCCVPMan

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct you get neither one, or you get both nav & PDR (confirmed by [email protected] after he double-checked with the Plant).

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes, you can get navigation if you choose the IO6 option. It comes packaged with the PDR in the UQT package. You either get them both, or you get neither.
Appreciate the response. However I'm still not clear on this. IO6 is MyLink audio with Navigation, I can't get that alone without UQT? Sorry to be repetitive but I just want to be clear. If that is the case navigation has gone from a $795 to a $1995 option. That frankly seems ridiculous.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Appreciate the response. However I'm still not clear on this. IO6 is MyLink audio with Navigation, I can't get that alone without UQT? Sorry to be repetitive but I just want to be clear.
Let's look at a 2014 code, called XFJ. You don't hear a lot about it, but that is the option code for the Z51 tires. In 2014, if you did not order the Z51, you could not have XFJ on your order. If you did order the Z51, the XFJ tires came along automatically.

In 2015, there will be a code UQT for the PDR. If you do not order IO6, you cannot have UQT on your order. If you do order IO6, the UQT will get packaged along automatically.

Some item codes get packaged together, and you either get both of them or neither of them. That always happens to certain items. In 2015, IO6 and UQT are two such packaged items.

Reactions: FCCCVPMan

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
By the way, docprego, I know many people will not like that answer. I don't like that answer, actually. I want UQT, but not IO6. But, to keep manufacturing costs down (fewer build options) this is what GM has done. Please don't shoot the messengers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Let's look at a 2014 code, called XFJ. You don't hear a lot about it, but that is the option code for the Z51 tires. In 2014, if you did not order the Z51, you could not have XFJ on your order. If you did order the Z51, the XFJ tires came along automatically.

In 2015, there will be a code UQT for the PDR. If you do not order IO6, you cannot have UQT on your order. If you do order IO6, the UQT will get packaged along automatically.

Some item codes get packaged together, and you either get both of them or neither of them. That always happens to certain items. In 2015, IO6 and UQT are two such packaged items.
Not happy about it, but understood. Thank you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
By the way, docprego, I know many people will not like that answer. I don't like that answer, actually. I want UQT, but not IO6. But, to keep manufacturing costs down (fewer build options) this is what GM has done. Please don't shoot the messengers.
rdslon01 - You are correct. Thats what I was told at the Bash and again that doing it this way would cut cost. I'm a 3LT order so it makes little deferance to me but understand the disapointment. I was told it would be useful with other opt/ uses down the road. ??? as to what. I.m not tracking my car but think the opt. is just cool and in a $76K plus car whats a few extra $$$..
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts

Back to the wrap... Do we have any idea as to what or when we will know what we dont know....:confused:

·
Registered
146 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any pictures online anywhere of the Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package? This includes a more aggressive spoiler in addition to the splitter and rocker panels. I also can't figure out what the Clear Protective Film, Carbon Flash Badging, and Body-Color Wing Spoiler options are???? HELP!

Have to have my option in to Les Stanford by Monday for my 2015 CRT, Silver Wheels, Grey Interior Z51 Auto 8. Yikes!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also,
It appears from the OnStar description that you have to have OnStar to use voice dialing? This doesn't make any sense to me as my wife's 2007 Camry has voice dialing and she doesn't have OnStar. It's built in.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Also,
It appears from the OnStar description that you have to have OnStar to use voice dialing? This doesn't make any sense to me as my wife's 2007 Camry has voice dialing and she doesn't have OnStar. It's built in.
Thoughts?
I have the 2014 Impala LTZ that uses almost the same radio and If your using you bluetooth from you cell phone onstar is not required. I would be suprised if it would be a must. my .02

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the 2014 Impala LTZ that uses almost the same radio and If your using you bluetooth from you cell phone onstar is not required. I would be surprised if it would be a must. my .02
Great. That makes sense.

So, as a 3rd post, The 2014 GM website build has:

- Grey grill
- Front bumper molding for a better looking lic. plate holder
- Improved rear license plate holder
- Front and Rear splash guards
- Roof stowage bag

I don't see these options anywhere n the 2015 order guide, and they aren't listed as being deleted for 2015?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts