Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked these questions in the USB music tutorial thread but did not receive any answers. Maybe I asked in the wrong place so I'm trying again here.

1. How does the interface look when playing MP3's via USB or SD card compared to via an iPod?

2. Do you get the album art?

3. Is their a maximum size USB or SD card that the system will recognize?

4. Does the system require the USB drive or SD card to be formatted in a specific way (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, etc.)?

5. Other than losing playlists, are there any other differences?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would also like to know the answers to these questions.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My Nikon camera formated the SD card I'm using right now. It's a 16gig card. I do get album art on the screen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
+
I have tried 4 different flash drives on my C7- Only one flashes when inserted- The others only play the first song and repeat over? No idea where I am going wrong as they are all new flash drives??any ideas? I have an SD card and will try it if all else fails- thanks. Gosh I love this car!!!

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
For item #5) in the original post, you don't have to lose your playlists. Search around here. Details have been given on how to get playlists on your stand-alone solid state media devices.

·
1,400 Posts
This was previously posted. I use it and it works.

You can use the SD Cards for anything you have in iTunes & keep your playlists. Here's a "How to.." on the iTunes to SD Card thing.

1. You need an SD Card of decent speed, Sandisk works fine for the most part, the Extreme versions are better for large Playlists & the such.

2. On you PC insert your SD Card & after the PC recognizes it, open a window (& keep it open) to the card's root directory. Now format the SD Card within windows either Fat32 or NTFS I think will work as well.

3. Launch iTunes & browse your Library, select the music & create a playlist. Once you have your playlist complete, click on the playlist within iTunes & highlight all the music in your playlist & drag them to your window containing the root directory of your SD Card.

4.Now go back to iTunes & with your playlist highlighted in the left pane of iTunes, go to Menu/Library/Export Playlist. This will bring up a "Save As" window, which will be prepopulated with you playlist's name. You'll want to save this file in the root directory of you SD Card, but most importantly change the file format to a *.m3u file. Click Save & your done....

·
Registered
27 Posts
You may not need 32GB. It will only recognize 1000 tracks. It depends on the quality (size) of the track data.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You may not need 32GB. It will only recognize 1000 tracks. It depends on the quality (size) of the track data.
I just double checked the owners manual to be sure. The system can handle 100,000 tracks. Above 1000, there are some restrictions on the voice controlled audio menus, but not onscreen menus. We have a 32GB SD card, formatted in FAT32. There are about 4800 tracks on it, and it's only 70% full. Any mp3 file that had a graphic, such as album art, embedded in the file, should show it on the audio screens.

BTW - you should always format your SD cards and USB flash drives. Many companies, SanDisk in particular, place proprietary software on their drives and disks. This software conflicts with the GM system. A fresh format, in either FAT 32 or NTFS will get rid of that software, and give you a clean, fresh drive. That's the main reason SanDisk got a reputation for not working with the C7 infotainment system

Reactions: CHeckk6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts