Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just purchased my first vette which as you can imagine, I'm pretty excited. Driven many C6's and have always been a fan so I'm anxious to see how the C7 drives/performs. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sit in one yet drive one. Bought it out of state as they had one equipped the way I wanted and the color I wanted as well.

Anyway, just thought I would get some opinions from all of you... Forgive me in advance if some questions have overlap with another thread.

-What battery tender, cover, etc. do you recommend? Unfortunately can't drive it year round.
-What type of oil does everyone use? I will keep it stock until next spring but then planning on going full bolt on.
-Any must haves? As far as accessories and things of that nature. Looking at getting the vinyl overlay from vette fx for the front grill as I'm not a huge fan of chrome.
-Any must knows?

Probably should give detail on what I got, car is being delivered enclosed, hopefully wednesday or at the latest thursday.
2014, White 1LT w/ black interior, Z51 package with black wheels, A6, navigation, dual mode exhaust, carbon flash mirrors and lip.

Thanks all!

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Welcome to our forum Nicholoso and congrats on your Z51 purchase! As Glen said in post #2 we have a great search engine on our forum and you will be able to find answers to these and other questions you might have down the road. In the interim I'll be glad to provide a few responses: The battery 'tender' maintainer sold by GM with the Stingray is manufactured for them by CTEK, and you can purchase the CTEK 3300 unit easily on the internet (Amazon for example). It along with their cigarette accessory adapter will allow you to plug it into the 'live' accessory outlet in the right rear of the trunk and keep your Stingray battery in great shape as long a winter as you want. The type of oil in the Stingray started as Dextros at the beginning of production and now has changed for the most part to Mobile 1 synthetic. Again a search will discuss this in greater details. If you search on mods you will find a great number of options and alternatives that our members have done. Lastly, check out the thread Stingray How-To's and Guides for some additional information as you get accustomed to your new Z51. Pay particular attention to the proper oil fill level discussions as well. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
Hello All,

I just purchased my first vette which as you can imagine, I'm pretty excited. Driven many C6's and have always been a fan so I'm anxious to see how the C7 drives/performs. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sit in one yet drive one. Bought it out of state as they had one equipped the way I wanted and the color I wanted as well.

Anyway, just thought I would get some opinions from all of you... Forgive me in advance if some questions have overlap with another thread.

-What battery tender, cover, etc. do you recommend? Unfortunately can't drive it year round.
-What type of oil does everyone use? I will keep it stock until next spring but then planning on going full bolt on.
-Any must haves? As far as accessories and things of that nature. Looking at getting the vinyl overlay from vette fx for the front grill as I'm not a huge fan of chrome.
-Any must knows?

Probably should give detail on what I got, car is being delivered enclosed, hopefully wednesday or at the latest thursday.
2014, White 1LT w/ black interior, Z51 package with black wheels, A6, navigation, dual mode exhaust, carbon flash mirrors and lip.

Thanks all!
Consider a catch can and clean oil separator install. This is a PDF of my install with pics:
http://netwelding.com/catch_can.pdf
There are 20+ other PDF's listed on the back pages. One covers the battery charger, another oil issues plus a number of others that may be of interest.
Good Luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
While I do not have my baby as of yet, you will see people note that they put on the GM splash guards immediately, if possible. The tires are very soft and pick up everything (from what I understand). The splash guards will help stop road debris from pitting the lower quarter panel paint. XPEL is also a great product to help protect your baby. I also plan on adding side skirts....for both the look and for protecting the sides from stuff kicked up from the front tires.

While you can find a lot of great vendors and ideas on this site, I have decided to go with the color-matched splash guards and carbon flash Stage 1 skirts from RPI. WeaponX also makes cool skirts....but it is a matter of what strikes your fancy. You should be able to find an XPEL installer in your area. I have decided to go with the full hood treatment vice just the first 20 inches....again, a matter of preference.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts