Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hummm.... Just wondering why the filter changes the sound and would like to learn more in that respect?
On many of my cars - trucks the sound would change with a cold air intake as more air is allowed into the engine. Not call cars are the same and sometimes the sound does not change. Best thing i had was a Vararam but it did not change the sound.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey kgrant. The sound is from under the hood. I believe it's the increased airflow at higher RPM's.

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Hummm.... Just wondering why the filter changes the sound and would like to learn more in that respect?
It is due to the intake suction sounding different.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What mods does everyone recommend to help milk some more HP out of the car?
Whatever brings you joy is the easy answer. I personally do not see the point in adding horsepower. My Grand Sport has the NA LT1 engine and the big tires that come with the Z06, and the biggest challenge for me is hooking up. When Car and Driver tested the ZR1, they could hardly find any improvement in lap times as compared to a Z06, saying that the performance limit of a front-engine car with rear wheels driven had pretty well been reached already.

If you want to go faster, then driving lessons are in order. I would recommend Spring Mountain Motor Resort for that.

The only mods I have done on my 2017 are XPel on the front-facing surfaces and Wilwood 570 brake fluid.

Reactions: jsvette
21 - 24 of 24 Posts