Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take the guess work out of selecting a Race Ramps service ramp model with the Reverse Logic service ramp calculator. Enter just three dimensions from your car and the spreadsheet calculator will trace the path of your car over the shape of ten different ramp models.

The dimensions you need are the wheelbase, overhang distance from the front axle, and the ground clearance under the overhang. Take the overhang dimension at the longest distance from the axle to the front edge of the car in the 14" wide tire path.

You can open the Google Sheet ramp calculator at this page: Race Ramps - Best Prices, Expert Service, Custom Designs Or just click on the graph at the bottom of this post.

Click on the graph at the top of the page to open the spreadsheet. Enter the three values for your car and in a few seconds all ten graphs will be updated. Scroll down the spreadsheet to find the service ramps that will work with your car. The red line (path of car) needs to remain above the blue line (shape of ramp) the entire length of the ramp in order for the ramp model to work with your car.

For better performance you can download a copy of the spreadsheet to use on your local system.

Car-to-ramp_clearance_graphs.png

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sales are split evenly between the 56" and 67" ramps. The length is not the only difference. The 67" ramps are 2" taller and 2" wider. They are at least 50% greater in volume and weight than the 56" ramps.

? Are most owners buying 56" or the 67" race ramps. $110 difference for those 11" and 10" raise vs 8" raise.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anybody do the 14 stingray yet? I would be interested in a set

·
Administrator
15,571 Posts
? Are most owners buying 56" or the 67" race ramps. $110 difference for those 11" and 10" raise vs 8" raise.
I asked at SEMA and here is RaceRamp dealer standing with the 67" ramp recommended for the C7:

untitled (1 of 1).jpg

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My 56" work great on my lowered 2014. I dont have a splitter however. A splitter would probably make sense with the longer ramp.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The one-piece 67" ramp (model RR-XT) shown in the photo will just barely fit under the rubber air dam on a base model C7. If your car is lowered or has an extended lip or splitter on the leading edge of the bumper you should use the ramp calculator to confirm which ramp model fits best.

Very few customers order the one-piece 67" ramps since they are more difficult to transport and they don't allow for side access under the car.

Keep in mind that the incline is 10.8 degrees on both the 56" and 67" ramp models. So the 67" ramp does not offer any advantage with respect to the approach angle on your car. In other words, the extra length is at the high end of the ramp, which is the reason the 67" ramps are 2" higher than the 56" ramps.

I asked at SEMA and here is RaceRamp dealer standing with the 67" ramp recommended for the C7:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I have the 2 piece set and it is the way to roll! Fabulous !

·
Administrator
15,571 Posts
Ordered mine (RR-XT-2 67") earlier this week. Expect delivery tomorrow. Very impressed with the order follow through confirmation emails Fred.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have a Z06 style front splitter, you need the lower angle offered by the RR-80-10-2, RLL-87-2, RLL-80-2, or RLL-72-14-2 ramps. All four of these ramp models are 14" wide. The platform height for these four models is 10", 10", 9", and 8" respectively. The incline angles are 8.5˚, 6.8˚, 6.8˚ and 7.7˚ for the four ramps.

I recommend checking your car against the service ramp calculator which can be reached from the link in the first post above.

Would these be a good fit if you have a front splitter as well? Z06 style. Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for your order. I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to Race Ramps resellers and I genuinely appreciate your business. I try to add value by providing tools like the ramp calculator described in Post #1 of this thread. Customers with edge cases not solved by standard ramp models especially appreciate the range of extended Race Ramps models offered by Reverse Logic.

Ordered mine (RR-XT-2 67") earlier this week. Expect delivery tomorrow. Very impressed with the order follow through confirmation emails Fred.

·
Administrator
15,571 Posts
Thank you for your order. I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to Race Ramps resellers and I genuinely appreciate your business. I try to add value by providing tools like the ramp calculator described in Post #1 of this thread. Customers with edge cases not solved by standard ramp models especially appreciate the range of extended Race Ramps models offered by Reverse Logic.
Mine came today in perfect shape. Looking forward to using them- they are so much easier to handle as compared to my old Petersen Tru-Cut Ultra Ramps with their extension kit.:eek:nthego:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts