Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio screen went out this morning. I even tried turning the car off and back on.
Anybody ever had this problem? Or knows of a solution to it?

What I did do was, once I started the car I put it in drive before the mini start up slide show could appear. (as I was in a rush this morning)

Any help guys

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Johnnyr89, you may want to visit the dealership if it hasn't reset itself. I was having problems also and the system would reset itself along with my AC going down. It may need a code update from the dealership.

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Welcome to our forum Johnnyr89. There have been several discussions on our forum regarding infotainment center issues. Many are resolved by software upgrades and some require replacement. Should have your dealer check it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I haven't checked if its up and running since I am at work at the moment. But thanks a lot for the info!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Assuming that you didn't take delivery recently, I'd suggest a visit to the dealer for a software update. If your service dept. is fairly sizable, they should take you as a "waiter." If you're lucky, the dealer may buy breakfast. Mine did.

When I started and went to reverse very quickly, my screen went bright green, steering wheel controls inoperative, and a few more glitches. There's a lot the software has to do on startup and I'm guessing it can clobber itself on occasion.

Software updates (takes about an hour) cured all of it. I've had to do that a couple of times since taking delivery in November. No big deal. Just one of those things with a new build.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Please don't think that I'm insulting your intelligence, but what is the position of your dash dimmer? I turned mine way down once, and thought the screen took a dump. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
My radio screen went out this morning. I even tried turning the car off and back on.
Anybody ever had this problem? Or knows of a solution to it?

What I did do was, once I started the car I put it in drive before the mini start up slide show could appear. (as I was in a rush this morning)

Any help guys
Johnnyr89,

Sincere apologies about your radio screen not turning on. I do understand why you would seek opinions from the forum about this. However, if you feel a trip to the dealer is needed, I can communicate your sentiments with its assigned Customer Experience Managers (CEM). Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want to document your experience(s).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Assuming that you didn't take delivery recently, I'd suggest a visit to the dealer for a software update. If your service dept. is fairly sizable, they should take you as a "waiter." If you're lucky, the dealer may buy breakfast. Mine did.

When I started and went to reverse very quickly, my screen went bright green, steering wheel controls inoperative, and a few more glitches. There's a lot the software has to do on startup and I'm guessing it can clobber itself on occasion.

Software updates (takes about an hour) cured all of it. I've had to do that a couple of times since taking delivery in November. No big deal. Just one of those things with a new build.

Yeah it worried me all day about the screen not turning on! Lol but good to hear there is absolution!!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please don't think that I'm insulting your intelligence, but what is the position of your dash dimmer? I turned mine way down once, and thought the screen took a dump. Just a thought.
Yeah I'm sure the dimmer wasn't down. Trust me I checked everything!
Thanks though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Johnnyr89,

Sincere apologies about your radio screen not turning on. I do understand why you would seek opinions from the forum about this. However, if you feel a trip to the dealer is needed, I can communicate your sentiments with its assigned Customer Experience Managers (CEM). Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want to document your experience(s).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks a lot! PM on its way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts