Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought maybe the people that have not yet taken delivery would be interested.

from before.. Stingray does a 25 mile average (also choice for 50 miles and 100 miles).. This is with a lot of hills and cruise control set at 67mph for most the trip.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Interesting thread GQ4Life. First however I would like to discourage all of our readers from driving and taking videos at the same time unless you are using something like a GoPro mounted to your head or elsewhere in your Corvette or you have your passenger run the camera. Second, while your video demonstrates short term impact on mpg, many of us are already accumulating longer 'real life' gas mileage experience and have begun posting the results. For example, elsewhere I noted that over the first 1880 miles on RedHot it averaged 27.5 mpg, and consistently better than 30 mpg cruising for extended periods of time. :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting thread GQ4Life. First however I would like to discourage all of our readers from driving and taking videos at the same time unless you are using something like a GoPro mounted to your head or elsewhere in your Corvette or you have your passenger run the camera. Second, while your video demonstrates short term impact on mpg, many of us are already accumulating longer 'real life' gas mileage experience and have begun posting the results. For example, elsewhere I noted that over the first 1880 miles on RedHot it averaged 27.5 mpg, and consistently better than 30 mpg cruising for extended periods of time. :cool:
I have yet to take a trip that far. I also added a pic of my 25 mile average when I took a 50 mile trip.
But because of the amount of hills here it averages 27mpg to 32mpg (depending on my speed) over my entire trips.
With this video I was just showing what I think most people always want to know. What is the MPG on flat level ground at the speed limit.

those are my spy glasses though I was holding them so I didnt have look down and stare at the dash for a minute.. I could just watch the road and hold wheel with them. :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have yet to take a trip that far. I also added a pic of my 25 mile average when I took a 50 mile trip.
But because of the amount of hills here it averages 27mpg to 32mpg (depending on my speed) over my entire trips.
With this video I was just showing what I think most people always want to know. What is the MPG on flat level ground at the speed limit.

those are my spy glasses though I was holding them so I didnt have look down and stare at the dash for a minute.. I could just watch the road and hold wheel with them. :(
Thanks for the post. Does help for us in waiting:) I have heard from a friend who has driven his C7 Automatic for over 100 miles at around 60 MPH, that he got 38 MPG. All the official stats that are out, are only using the 7 speed manual and Don't know if it was in ECO mode for the test. Most likely not. Thanks agin!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts