Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it in this morning from GMpartsdirect.com - with shipping 15 less than retail MSRP. Nice quality - very tight weave on the carpet like Berber and the insignia looks stitched on, and not just heat attached...good detail on logo:

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm ordering NOW! Thanks for sharing this Glen E :)

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
Looks sharp Glen. Thanks for posting. I'll wait till I have RedHot home before building my list of need to order but this looks like it will be on it. :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, admittedly I'm a dolt, but I was just all over the GMpartsdirect.com website and could not find where the 2014 accessories are??? Can anyone help me put??

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chev did not look too closely when they made the cargo accessory mat. They did not create slits so the front cargo shade can be mounted. A simple razor blade slit will allow the d rings to punch thru so the shade can be used. Just an FYI...

the slits

the shade remounted..

·
Registered
658 Posts
Glen, great idea on cutting the mat. I was a bit annoyed when I put the mat in and realized it didn't have slits for the rings.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Chev did not look too closely when they made the cargo accessory mat. They did not create slits so the front cargo shade can be mounted. A simple razor blade slit will allow the d rings to punch thru so the shade can be used. Just an FYI...

the slits

the shade remounted..
Hey glen e, did the shade come with the car automatically, or do we have to order it separately? Also, what is the difference between upper shade and lower shade? Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
upper and lower come with 2LT and 3LT....lower shade shown, I don't have a pic of upper = someone will...
Here is a shot of the upper and lower shade in RedHot. When the trunk is closed you do not see it from the inside and it in no way interferes with rear vision. :

P1060351.jpg

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
147 Posts
Glen,
There's another thread about cargo mats not fitting correctly because the rings to secure the shade are covered by the mat. GM is sending out letters letting people know they are getting a free, corrected product. Is the Stingray cargo mat (part # 23469813) what they are talking about? I plan to order one if it will fit correctly. My LRG Stingray was built on Feb. 11. Should have it soon. :D
I understand your simple fix would be to use a razor and make cut to allow the rings to pop through. Good idea.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes, the other thread is GM'S admission of the mistake and their correction. Ok with me, I like the slit better actually, as it looks more efficient and hides part of the ring.

Kudos to GM for being pro-active on this.....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts