Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
65 vette has all new bushings and mounts. Heres the problem, the whole rear will shift and the pinion points upward and the driveshaft hits the tunnel. I fix the issue by removing the rear end and re-install it. My theory is that the bias ply tires had grip so the differential never torqued up, but with good radials gripping the road the pinion rides up and shifts the rear end. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
65 vette has all new bushings and mounts. Heres the problem, the whole rear will shift and the pinion points upward and the driveshaft hits the tunnel. I fix the issue by removing the rear end and re-install it. My theory is that the bias ply tires had grip so the differential never torqued up, but with good radials gripping the road the pinion rides up and shifts the rear end. Has anyone else experienced this?
Dear O My Golly.

It's been a long, long time ago but had a 1968 2 top 427/435 that had the same issue. I built the motor for more hp with stupid parts and kept breaking the frame to body mounts. Had to weld everything and still managed to twist the mount apart. Hope this ISN'T your problem. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1967 Corvette L71 Coupe
3 Posts
New to Your Forum......Long Time Corvette Forum Member.

Make curtain that your Floor behind the seats (Cargo & Jack Storage) is not sagging. Your Cargo Stop may be loose or detached. There are a series of rivets that hold it into place which additionally supports the floor panel over the drive shaft.....

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Welcome to our forum Dcamick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts