Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days after I got her home I noticed the little rear hatch seal was coming out right in the middle. About a 2 foot section just does not appear to want to stay seated. When you close the hatch if it is not seated properly it just gets mashed under the hatch. There appears to be adhesive in the little channel, but it doesn't want to hold. I have to stick it back down every time I open the hatch now. I was going to go and get some glue myself and adhere it, but earlier this week I read that the new seat memory software update was released for the MT cars, so I made an appt. today to get the seal looked at and the seat memory reflash done at the same time. I'm also going to see if they will put it up on the rack and install my CAGS Eliminator while they have it, since I can't get my bad arm in position to do it. I'm hoping they will just get a new seal and install vs. gluing it (less chance of them getting glue oosing out somewhere) and I tried to convince them to pre-order one so I wouldn't have to make a second trip in, but they said they needed to see it first. So we shall see.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine had the exact same gasket issue. I've been able to get 95% of it to stay in place just by pushing it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine did the same thing (& Mary said no more crappy cars)(it's not a big deal but there is no excuse for this). Like glen_e, there's no way I'd go to a dealer for this either. I just used any ole gorilla snot I had laying around, it worked fine.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I completely agree with you guys and normally I would just glue it myself, but since I was taking it anyway for the software update I figured I would take my chances. They did the software and they also put my CAGS Eliminator on her for me. Granted they charged me $45 to do the CAGS. which I felt was high for what it took to do it, but since I couldn't do it myself with my bad shoulder, at least I got it on. By the way they said they needed to order the part and that the lower portion under the seal is the issue. I don't quite understand it, but I guess I'll find out when they finish it next week. The new software added a new option under the seat memory so you can choose the seat to restore to the memory position with the push of the starter button.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I completely agree with you guys and normally I would just glue it myself, but since I was taking it anyway for the software update I figured I would take my chances....The new software added a new option under the seat memory so you can choose the seat to restore to the memory position with the push of the starter button.
Gregg; Was this the re-flash they updated? http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-tsb-recalls/4399-seat-memory-recall-fix-pi1245.html Also, did they indicate that the new seal they ordered was an updated one or the same as the old one? Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Chip, that is the re-flash I had done and now it works perfectly. I actually had copied all the info from your post and handed it to them. It was kind of funny, as I don't think anyone had done that before and the service writer was like, "uh, ok then." It now works perfectly, shut the car off then open the door and the seat and steering go to easy exit position. Close the door push the clutch and hit the start button and the seat and steering return to the pre-set position without touching anything other than the starter button. The park brake needs to be set, but I do that every time I park the car anyway. Works great, the way it is supposed to. :) No they did not say anything about the seal being different, but I'll find out when I take it back in early this week. If it is different I'll report back for sure.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took the car back in yesterday to have the new rear seal installed. According to the service technician it was not a new design or anything. He did a great job however, as it feels really adhered now, with no indication of being loose and no mess anywhere. However he did it, there are no signs of glue or ooze anywhere and it looks better than the original. I'm thinking the factory just did a hurried/poor job on the installation or the part was defective from the start and was installed anyway. One way or another it is fixed now and I don't have to mess with it anymore.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It's not just the coupe!
P1010306.JPG

I wish I lived near Glen....lol.

I'm beginning to think mine was the last car off the assembly line on Friday and the workers were already late for league bowling!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts