Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the little windows real see-thru like the C7, or faux, like the Fiero? I have seen the question raised and looked at the pix, but have seen no answer

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Those little side windows are really windows on my C7. The online analysis does not appear to know too much.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It appears to be glass and is not visible from the interior outward. Hard plastic with a glass like finish?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Someone who was at the reveal said it is "acoustic glass," but not transparent. So you can't see through it.

·
Administrator
15,230 Posts
Someone who was at the reveal said it is "acoustic glass," but not transparent. So you can't see through it.
I thought the acoustic glass was referring to the window between the driver/passenger and the engine.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I thought the acoustic glass was referring to the window between the driver/passenger and the engine.
Elegant posted this on his forum, regarding the side glass. I have no personal knowledge, but since he was at the reveal I tend to accept it.

You are correct Chaz. We learned that they are an acoustical glass, and not see through.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw the C8 in Costa Mesa, CA this Thursday. Checked the "side windows". You cannot see thru them, there is a bulkhead pillar inside the car that also blocks viewing through the glass if you could. Talked to the rep and he said there are blind spot sensors that alert you via a visual warning in the side mirror that a car is next to you. I suggested to the C8 rep that chevy use side cameras to view cars in the blind spot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a rearview camera mounted on the roof, separate from the backup camera on the bumper. The rearview camera displays on the rearview mirror and can be adjusted from wide angle to zoom, giving the driver the ability to see distant vehicles (maybe spot that light bar) or vehicles in the car’s rear quarters. The driver can opt to use a traditional rearview mirror or select the rear camera view.

9BA307CF-BA0C-4CFC-A280-61B8EAB6A9C5.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts