Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2014 and it has the small spoiler on back(sorry..lack of terminology) and wan t to put the one that goes directly across back...any ideas??? Or should I even bother?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
What you're talking about is really just the raised stoplight bar... not really a spoiler. There are lots of options, including the Z51 blade spoiler, or the wing spoiler, there are also lots of other vendor options... suggest you do a search on spoilers and see what you like.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you're talking about is really just the raised stoplight bar... not really a spoiler. There are lots of options, including the Z51 blade spoiler, or the wing spoiler, there are also lots of other vendor options... suggest you do a search on spoilers and see what you like.
I have...just wanted feed back, do not want it to look like it was just "stuck" on looks...want it to look like came w/car. Seen some that look funky!!!!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Agreed - thats why i recommended the z51 style blade spoiler or wing spoiler

Heres a link to another recent topic re spoilers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you...Z51 spoiler will be my choice!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put a Z06 spoiler on my 14. It was a bit unnerving. I drilled 6 or 7 holes, removed the rear bumper, attached the spoiler and put it all back together. It turned out great and I love the look. Good luck with yours.
IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2014 and it has the small spoiler on back(sorry..lack of terminology) and wan t to put the one that goes directly across back...any ideas??? Or should I even bother?
I really love that look to - of the z51, the high GM spoiler is a nice change and introduces cool curves... they are all great ...
BUT BUT BUT... i changed my mind... when i was waiting for my 2019 C7 w 10k miles to be shipped to me in FL from OK - i was CERTAIN i was going to get the high wing spoiler...
this isnt the best pic but shows how cool it is at Gm Parts Giant.
i had to have it. must have.. was about to order it before my car even got here. Then i read a post in one of the corvette forums discussing spoilers - and its really all pure personal preference certainly... but someone said they liked the back without the spoilers as the rear profile isnt interrupted and the lines flowed better along the side and the side "haunches?" - the muscly part over the rear wheels are sexier without the spoilers. I thought about that and agreed. didn't order the rear spoiler - or the side skirts... which a week ago i HAD To have.. .and now i like the clean look...
The spoilers in this thread look amazing... - but writing this so anyone thinking about it - also thinks about simple, sexy lines, clean muscle look... just Sayin! :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
That's exactly why i went with the wing spoiler in this thread below! Gives the rear end a finished look while still showing the great lines of car. The spoiler also follows the inner lines of the hatch. All in all its a great looking spoiler, and rare as well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the Z51 spoiler from the factory. (1st image) I installed the Z06 Stage 3 spoiler (2nd & 3rd image). Did it myself with removing the bumper, but the holes were already there for me from the Z51 spoiler. Also, I added the Z06 taillights while I had the bumper off.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's exactly why i went with the wing spoiler in this thread below! Gives the rear end a finished look while still showing the great lines of car. The spoiler also follows the inner lines of the hatch. All in all its a great looking spoiler, and rare as well!

I love that wing - i tried to include a link to it but that got censored (didnt like my link to a vendor :)) - Thanks for the link to really cool pics you provided - that looks so great to me! and i agree that being able to see under it on the sides keeps the lines to the car less obstructed... Nice job! - starting to think about that for my 2019 CRY...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I am going to go against the grain a bit. I have the Stage one spoiler on my Z06 and frankly like the smaller Z51 spoiler.I don't plan to change it but it would go better with my somewhat stealthier approach with body colored vents and side skirts.I might even like the car without a spoiler although I have never seen one configured like that. When the 2020 C8 was first introduced and I configured one to see what it would look like, the first thing that jumped out at me was how nice the car would look without a spoiler. I tried to "Ask Tadge" about a spoiler delete option but was told he had already said there would not be one because all the cars were EPA certified with the spoiler and the handling was tuned to include it. Guess I will stick with mine the way it is. --Bob

·
Registered
927 Posts
All base C7 Stingrays come without a spoiler. It just has the bit above the center brake light.
Ah yes you are right. I forgot. --Bob

·
Registered
2014 Z51 Coupe
41 Posts
Cost me $900. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Looks FABULOUS and he guarantees it for 5 years but said it realistically should last around 7 given it's garaged. You wouldn't believe how water just runs off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cost me $900. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Looks FABULOUS and he guarantees it for 5 years but said it realistically should last around 7 given it's garaged. You wouldn't believe how water just runs off.
So the spoiler was $900?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts