Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Z51 Coupe
41 Posts
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I haven't a clue about the spoiler, it came from the factory as part of the Premier package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2014 and it has the small spoiler on back(sorry..lack of terminology) and wan t to put the one that goes directly across back...any ideas??? Or should I even bother?
Had a 2015 with the high wing GM spoiler and current 2019 with high spoiler.
Had dealer install( anything they screw up they have to take care of) for $150. Watched a lot of videos on self install, looks fairly easy, but opted to have dealer install just in case.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Welcome to our forum Jimbullo!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is the one on my Grand Sport, would like a little taller one. Not sure where to review them to compare

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, yeah I was wanting the Stage 3, but after looking into it, i didnt realize you have to remove the back of the car to change it...might just live w what i got....

·
Registered
34 Posts
If that is your maroon car above, you simply have to unbolt the current winglets and bolt on the stage 3 winglets. No bumper removal needed, as the base spoiler does not need to be changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, yeah I was wanting the Stage 3, but after looking into it, i didnt realize you have to remove the back of the car to change it...might just live w what i got....

Like I posted, Chevy dealer here installed both mine. $150 to put one on. They have a special tool that tightens the bolts without removing the bumper facia. Even if they do not have the tool, they have to fix anything they screw up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I might discuss w dealer then...when I saw a youtube version taking the entire back of the car off to get to the spoiler I was not into that. I was going to do this work myself. I am perfectly capable, but its me alone, looks like help is need to lift the facia and remove to prevent paint damage. My old lady would never forgive me

·
Registered
24 Posts
If that is your maroon car above, you simply have to unbolt the current winglets and bolt on the stage 3 winglets. No bumper removal needed, as the base spoiler does not need to be changed.
Good info 4mula1, i will look into that. I dont like the stage 3 clear piece that goes between the winglets....need to be able to dark that out or may just not install

·
Registered
34 Posts
As for clear piece that goes between the winglets, there is a company that makes a very dark version. You are still able to see through it, but very very dark, and looks blacked out. I forget the company, but I think I got it on Amazon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did mine 2 weeks ago.. Very un-nerving. measure, measure, measure, and measure again.. came out great! Take your time. Be certain you can open and close the hatch because if done properly, there is like 1/2" clearance.

Before

After

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Job well done O-Town Patriot!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts