Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my dealership today informing me that my Stingray has been shipped. They received an invoice, vin#, and a delivery date of 9/22. I'm so happy I can barely contain myself. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. I swear I'm so happy I could almost cry. I ordered a 2014 back in late February or early March. Ended up canceling the order because I was still sitting at 1100 in June. At the sametime, I placed a new order for a 2015 (We ordered the 2014 under the conditions that I would get delivery by June). I can't wait to put my butt in the seat. :D

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
That is really exciting news Charlie Dog! And have to say a great color combo to boot :cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congrats Charlie. Don't you feel like an over excited puppy dog? I am SO resembling that remark in a short while! LOL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got a call from my dealership today informing me that my Stingray has been shipped. They received an invoice, vin#, and a delivery date of 9/22. I'm so happy I can barely contain myself. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. I swear I'm so happy I could almost cry. I ordered a 2014 back in late February or early March. Ended up canceling the order because I was still sitting at 1100 in June. At the sametime, I placed a new order for a 2015 (We ordered the 2014 under the conditions that I would get delivery by June). I can't wait to put my butt in the seat. :D
Sure hope you get it then. I was notified on 9/10 that is was shipped and would be here 9/14. Found out today sitting at factory because of recall.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone…

Newt43…Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Lets hope that don't happen to me.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Charlie, congrats on your C7 masterpiece, another Torch Red soon to join the ranks of the forum!! Remind the dealership not to wash it, and inspect the heck out of it once you get over your numbness after viewing it for the first time. Have a blast during your break in period, life gets a whole lot better afterwards!!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
292 Posts
CD, another torch red Vette on board. Happy for you. From your options I'm driving your car and I must say I'm having a lot of fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also was told now four times a new date that I would receive my new car, my car was built on August 21st and has shown shipped en route for over three weeks and I've had my hopes up and I too was very excited and made plans on where I wanted to go and nothing ever showed up, they are telling me now the have no idea what's going on and that it's back on a hold at the plant. I've activated the On Star and I check it very often praying that it will show it headed my way but still nothing. I'm considering canceling this order and going to a dealership that has it in stock, if anyone knows any info I sure would appreciate it. Thank you

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I also was told now four times a new date that I would receive my new car, my car was built on August 21st and has shown shipped en route for over three weeks and I've had my hopes up and I too was very excited and made plans on where I wanted to go and nothing ever showed up, they are telling me now the have no idea what's going on and that it's back on a hold at the plant. I've activated the On Star and I check it very often praying that it will show it headed my way but still nothing. I'm considering canceling this order and going to a dealership that has it in stock, if anyone knows any info I sure would appreciate it. Thank you
Victory, if you have activated OnStar, doesn't that mean you have already paid for it?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the nice comments. I'm sorry to hear about those of you who are having issues with getting delivery. I'm just staying positive and keeping the attitude that it's gong to happen as planned. I'll post some pics when I take delivery. I spoke with the cquartz installer for my area today and plan to speak with the Xpel installer tomorrow.

Yip-ee Ky-yo!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you located? Sounds like my car and yours are twins but I don't have a estimated delivery date yet.
I'm in Mid-MIchigan, Lansing area.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm in Mid-MIchigan, Lansing area.
Charlie Dog - Congrats I grew up in East Lansing, will be traveling through the area on the 25th on my way to my daughters wedding in Traverse City. I will look for you out on the road as I cruise by!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well…I called today to see if delivery was on schedule. Found out it is sitting at the plant waiting for "scheduled carrier". Although, the ship date on the invoice is 9/15. And they can't tell me when my C7 might be shipped. So I guess I'll be joining the ranks "Waiting Game".

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Charlie Dog - Congrats I grew up in East Lansing, will be traveling through the area on the 25th on my way to my daughters wedding in Traverse City. I will look for you out on the road as I cruise by!
Congrats to you and your daughter. According to the weather report for this upcoming week in Michigan, you should have great weather for a wedding and traveling. Be sure to visit some wineries while in the Traverse City area. Happy motoring:cool:

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Congrats to you and your daughter. According to the weather report for this upcoming week in Michigan, you should have great weather for a wedding and traveling. Be sure to visit some wineries while in the Traverse City area. Happy motoring:cool:
Thanks, yes I have been watching closely the weather forecast. So far looking good!

The women are doing a wine tour on Friday and the men are doing skeet shooting!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, yes I have been watching closely the weather forecast. So far looking good!

The women are doing a wine tour on Friday and the men are doing skeet shooting!
Sounds like a great time. Not much of a wine drinker but I do like Chateau Grand Traverse's Gamay Noir.

Reactions: Tom0021
1 - 20 of 26 Posts