Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before my accident I remember the ride being really smooth but now its like the suspension is going to fall out they checked it in and out and still doesn't seem right. Am I wrong or is it a pretty smooth ride over bumps?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
jr; Can you provide more details regarding the accident and any visual damage? Pictures? Who checked it over?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a thread on here earlier about it, a local repair shop that has fixed my cars before. It was over 25k worth of damages. The suspension just fills like its going to fall out when you go over bumps

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
If the ride seems different to you then it probably is. Are all of the setting on your Z51 set the same as before? Are the tires over inflated since getting it fixed and back? Did something go wrong with the Mag suspension that they did not find or fix? Lots of variables.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
As a result of the shock recall or as a result of an accident repair?
The shock recall was limited to specific VIN numbers dealing with a weld related issue, and according to "GM has explained that this weld can cause a fracture in the shock assembly which would cause an instant failure of the shock."

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The shock recall was limited to specific VIN numbers dealing with a weld related issue, and according to "GM has explained that this weld can cause a fracture in the shock assembly which would cause an instant failure of the shock."
I am well aware of the details of the recall Jeff I ask questions to cover the bases of possibility.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Problem fixed it was in the rear shocks
jroes57, I'm glad to read that everything was squared away. Have you had a chance to inspect the underneath up on a lift?

SF
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts