Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in central Florida and it gets real hot amount here. Today it was 95,97. Just wondering if any others who live in these hot places ,use or know of products that work best in protecting the finish on the cars. There are so many on the market that it can be confusing. :cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
All sealants and coatings work in all temperatures.

carnubas and waxes fade quicker in hot temps but are better for "pop" and shows.

And polishes have nothing to do with temp, they are a prep item.

I'll let others put up specific brands......I preach more procedure and product type. A good procedure using blackfire, but could be Adams, Zaino or any other hi class mfr of detailing products:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acxkaf44ctxbsgb/AACIMr-qZl7vdwVcVlC5djtQa?dl=0

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
I live in central Florida and it gets real hot amount here. Today it was 95,97. Just wondering if any others who live in these hot places ,use or know of products that work best in protecting the finish on the cars. There are so many on the market that it can be confusing. :cool:
Check out CQuartz Finest (a number of threads on it here). I live in Vegas (110 degrees today) and RedHot looks as spectacular as the day she was built in October 2013.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been using Liquid Glass for 35 years. Incredible stuff. It is ideal for hot sunny climate like we have here in FL. . LG hardens much more quickly in high temperatures. The hotter it gets, the harder LG becomes. The harder it gets, the shinier it gets and provides better protection. Other car polishes and waxes break down in the heat. This is a major difference that makes LG Polish so much better than other products. If you are interested in more information from my experience let me know and I will PM you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
All sealants and coatings work in all temperatures.

carnubas and waxes fade quicker in hot temps but are better for "pop" and shows.

And polishes have nothing to do with temp, they are a prep item.

I'll let others put up specific brands......I preach more procedure and product type. A good procedure using blackfire, but could be Adams, Zaino or any other hi class mfr of detailing products:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acxkaf44ctxbsgb/AACIMr-qZl7vdwVcVlC5djtQa?dl=0
Thanks for all that info glen e!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glen E, when should clay bars be used? Is it for older paint for when cars have been sitting in the elements? Just curious, thank you.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Clean a section of finish, then wrap your hand in a single layer of plastic wrap and run it over the surface. If it feels smooth, no clay bar type product is needed. If you feel bumps, guess what?

Clay bars are supposedly "old school" now and people recommend "nano skin" products.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Clean a section of finish, then wrap your hand in a single layer of plastic wrap and run it over the surface. If it feels smooth, no clay bar type product is needed. If you feel bumps, guess what?

Clay bars are supposedly "old school" now and people recommend "nano skin" products.
Thank you, I'll look that up.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Glen E, when should clay bars be used? Is it for older paint for when cars have been sitting in the elements? Just curious, thank you.
See the link up top I put up there? One document is called "should I clay" just read that.

·
Banned
297 Posts
I use a brand called Ammonyc.com. Even if you don't use his stuff he truly hands down has the best information out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use all Chemical Guys products, have not been disappointed with anything I've used and their tech support and YouTube videos are great

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Savannah. Over 100 degrees today. Will be that way for the next week. Have two Vettes. Had two more Vettes before these. I use Maguires Gold Class and keep the cars in the garage when not driving. They look great. One is 12 years old. Got the trophies to prove their good looks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You should use Poorboys products they work extremely well in sun and shade. :cool:

Poorboysworld.com

CLEARCOATS, LACQUER, ENAMEL, IMRON, PEARL, FIBERGLASS,
and GEL COATS
Our products are EASY ON/EASY OFF, SUN or SHADE, and have the right amount of cleaners and protectants to leave an easy-to-maintain vehicle. Even though today's clearcoats are great protectors of the paint beneath them, most people do not have the time or experience to properly maintain them. To keep that "NEW LOOK" you must polish the vehicle's surface to regain a silky-smooth finish. This process will remove contaminates, surface dirt, some fine surface scratches, bird droppings, and water stains (acid rain).

:cool:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live The Villages. About 50 miles north of Orlando. Thanks to all who take the time to answer my questions.:)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You're best to follow Glen's instructions. It's fool proof (as long as you follow it) and will yield FANTASTIC results.

If you want to try some stuff you're welcome to take a drive to Englewood.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
27 Participants
hessguy1
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing