Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! We have had a handful of new Stingrays (absolutely awesome machines!) come through our doors recently, so here is the write up on the latest one. This one was booked for a paint correction and coating of Cquartz Finest.

The vehicle was only slightly dusty when dropped off so we went ahead and performed a rinseless wahs with Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. We also did a light claying on the paint to make sure there weren't any bonded contaminants from shipping. Here is what the paint looked like after being cleaned and stripped. Nothing crazy, but definitely a few marks that needed to be buffed out.

We ended up going with a two step approach to make sure everything was removed, and that the paint was finished perfectly to insure maximum clarity and gloss. The first step was a combination of Meguiars M205 on a Buff and Shine MF pad via the Rupes 21 and the second step was Car Pro Reflect on a Crimson pad with the Rupes 15. After all of the correction was completed we wiped the paint down two times with Car Pro Eraser to make sure it was squeaky clean and that we were seeing true correction.

We then turned our attention to the wheels, tires, wheel wells, and calipers. To achieve maximum protection we removed the wheels from this vehicle to make sure we can coat every square inch of them. They weren't terrible filthy, but they certainly needed to be spruced up before being coated.

We cleaned them with Ultima WWC, polished the barrels and faces with Car Pro Reflect, and then wipped everything down twice with Car Pro Eraser. Next the barrels, back of the spokes, and the faces received two coats of Cquartz Finest

While the coating was curing on each wheel we also addressed the calipers. They were cleaned with Ultima WWC, wiped down teice with Eraser, and then received 2 coats of Cquartz Finest

Before:

After:

The wheels were then re-installed, torqued to the proper spec, and the tires were dressed with Car Pro PERL.

After the wheels were sorted we applied two coats of Cquartz Finest to the paint, roof, glass, and trim. Here is how the car turned out.

We love detailing all vehicles, but it is truly a treat to work on machines like this! Thanks for taking the time to check out our write up, and we appreciate your feedback!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
What is a ball park cost for what u did to this car...
Incredible difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
18,670 Posts
Sorry. But how do I get the PM?
When you log into StingRay Forums, scroll to the top of the page and click on "Notifications."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey that's my Stingray! :cool:
Prior to taking my car to Dave I had heard that he was awesome so I expected it to look nice but when I went to pick it up I was truly shocked at just how much better it looked. I had only had it for a week prior to taking it to Dave but man what a difference! Thanks again Dave. If anyone is in the area I would highly recommend his work. Wayne

Btw, my avatar pic was taken prior to Dave doing his magic.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks great! ;)

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Spectacular job Dave. As others have said, too bad you aren't in other areas of the country- we all could have super shiny looking C7s :cool:

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey that's my Stingray! :cool:
Prior to taking my car to Dave I had heard that he was awesome so I expected it to look nice but when I went to pick it up I was truly shocked at just how much better it looked. I had only had it for a week prior to taking it to Dave but man what a difference! Thanks again Dave. If anyone is in the area I would highly recommend his work. Wayne

Btw, my avatar pic was taken prior to Dave doing his magic.
Thanks so much Wayne! It was my pleasure to work on your new Stingray and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

I really wish you guys were close to Austin... You would definitely be doing that to my stringray.
Thanks! I'm sure there is someone close to you that can do a high quality job. If you need a referral just let me know!

Looks great! ;)
Thank you!

Spectacular job Dave. As others have said, too bad you aren't in other areas of the country- we all could have super shiny looking C7s :cool:
Thank you very much! I do travel if someone was so inclined to have me come to their area ;)

Stunning work Dave!!! As usual!
Thank you Corey for providing me with awesome products to complete these jobs with!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have not used TLC but I stumbled across them on the internet a few months ago. Nothing but great reviews. Hopefully I will be the first Z he does!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts