Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I curious question. My dealer had the exact car in stock that I wanted to order with one exception. It did not have the Red Calipers I wanted. I was willing to take the car IF they would put on the Red Calipers. They said they could NOT do that but said I could buy after market red calipers. Who wants a new Corvette with after market red calipers. So, I ordered my new vette. My question: WHY can't the dealers install the original Corvette calipers??

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of can't but one of won't. The process would be quite straight forward, they would order 4 red calipers through the parts department and simply install then but the kicker is there is no way they can do it for the $500 GM charges when you have them spec'd in the order. You would have to pay for 4 brand new calipers, probably close to $2000 plus the labor to install them and you would end up with the 4 black ones in addition to the red ones since they can't reuse them, they are yours.

Your best option would be to contact THEPOWDERCOATER.COM | About Us. I believe he has cores he can ship out so you can return your black calipers for the credit.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Because they can .....sell it as is .....they don't need to change it, if you say no, somebody else comes along and says yes...

When the car is not hot in a couple years, they'll be more than willing to change out the calipers for you to sell a car , but not now....It's a seller's market right now....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts